Combat pants

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Deeps

Re: Combat pants

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:Is that whats called covering the essentials then?........ :lol:
Well, you wouldn't want to.....stand out. ;)
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

Beatts wrote:Haha!

I can see myself wandering around the woods wearing nothing but those and pair of sturdy hiking boots.
Well if i'm out in the woods and feel the need for something more natural and airy i go for a nice loincloth like this one:
$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG (26.13 KiB) Viewed 5141 times
Still in camo of course, i like to remain incognito.

For the ultimate in lightweight camo pants you can try body-paint, but you have to be careful around nettles and brambles.... :shock:
munchh

Post by munchh »

Combat "pants" i ask ya!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 25&alt=web

i have these, they are sturdy and check their other items as they have lots of different ones.

my pedigree in this is that i wear combats every day, mostly combat shorts, but i have been buying combats since i was a kid, ive had loads of different ones and army surplus are great but prices have got quite high.
the days of a grade 1 pair for £15 is long gone, they are more like £30, so i started looking at so called military style combats. One of the companies is Mil-tec, good security grade , military style, but high end (my smart ones) are made by Helikon, they are not cheap, but really nice.

But this is why i buy the generic £20 ones for up the woods, you will have to go some to break them and i cut most of mine down to shorts and make the bottoms i cut off into draw string bags, so im not going to do that with a £30 pair.

There is alot to be said about british lightweights or german moleskins, but some of the generic stuff is ok, dont get me wrong though some of it is made for some odd body shapes.

I will always hold my US surplus ones in high regard, but since the afgan war they have been destroying most of it as Bush got the ump about clothing the bad guys!
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
JDandCoke

Post by JDandCoke »

Hi Guys.

I am looking for comfy every day trousers. Do you think these will be good? http://www.sportsdirect.com/pierre-card ... e=51914003
I don't want to order online, as sometimes trousers just don't fit. For example if waist is fine, legs are too long and they get into ass :P
I was thinking about these http://www.militarymart.co.uk/special-o ... black.html but online order, if it don't fit then it's hassle to send them back.
I am not looking to spend 40 odd quid for some 5.11s ;-)
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Beatts wrote:Could somebody please recommend me a good strong pair of combat pants for bushcraft?

Camo or green ideally.

Cheers
Hello Beatts,

I strongly recommend German army Moleskins, Ive worn these for 30 odd years and have yet to find something to beat them, you can pick them up off Flea Bay for around £14 the only draw back referring to your remit is that they are Grey in colour, I see this as a positive thing as they blend in better in civvy street,

Hope this helps
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

JDandCoke wrote: I am not looking to spend 40 odd quid for some 5.11s ;-)
I used to think the same until I bought some, now they are the only ones I buy.

Mind you I don't like their lightweight trousers, but the TDU'S are worth every penny, ive had several pairs going back almost 10 years & they are well made & very tough, you get what you pay for.

Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

If you've got money, fjallraven trousers. They're on my wish list as the ultimate bushcraft / bugout / camping / hiking trousers.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Beatts wrote:Haha!

I can see myself wandering around the woods wearing nothing but those and pair of sturdy hiking boots.
You've got to have the DPM sweatband as well....... :lol:
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

5.11 tactical or genuine genuine Crye trousers off ebay is my normal choice.
shocker

Post by shocker »

I have been using the Craghopper Kiwi synthetic material trousers for 15 years now. They have a good build quality and can be found at discount stores for under £20 (RRP £80 plus). They dry out very fast and are quite hard wearing. I have used them in rough moorland, jungle, desert and sub arctic conditions, with suitable over/under additions and can recommend them. The colour range is small - OD, sand, navy but that covers most situations. For MOD I had always gone to Silvermans in London but that MOD link is one I will now chase up.
Last edited by shocker on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***