Visiting the USA

How are you preparing
metatron

Re: Visiting the USA

Post by metatron »

LennyJ1 wrote:I'm going to the states next year also. was think about sending back some mountain house meals.

What sort of gun parts can you send back?
Optics, flip up sights, grips, springs/other hardware, bipod, flashlight mounts and rail systems are no issue at all, triggers, flash suppressors, can be questionable. If you want to bring back an AR15 upper or lower you will have issues, same goes for barrels and collapsible stock for some reason.
preservefreak

Post by preservefreak »

If you can get a jar sealer like this I would:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/26054005 ... sbar&cbt=y

With it and either a food saver or a manual pump (I use a manual break bleeding set but there are youtube vids on making a pump for it with a bicycle pump) you can vacuum seal kilner jars without any heat. I use it to store choc chips, nuts, raisins, dried fruit etc for 3+ years. I also use it after Halloween to seal up a mess of the mini chocs you get for cheap after the event.

It's not a necessary thing but it adds a lot of versatilely to your food storage.
firepower

Post by firepower »

Neosporin - Triple antibiotic over the counter cream.
Bactine Spray - Cleansing spray with 2.5% Lidocaine.
Levis by the suitcase - Instant profit when you get home.
Leupold MK4 scopes - Instant profit when you get home.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Magenta16v wrote:I know I will get a WaterBob ..... seems like a good thing to have to be honest
Cheap as chips in the USA. I just saw one for $25.00 on Amazon.com - no shipping to the UK, again, unfortunately.
firepower

Visiting the USA

Post by firepower »

itsybitsy wrote:
Magenta16v wrote:I know I will get a WaterBob ..... seems like a good thing to have to be honest
Cheap as chips in the USA. I just saw one for $25.00 on Amazon.com - no shipping to the UK, again, unfortunately.
That's why I have four American shipping addresses and a USA bank account ;)

ATB Mick
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

firepower wrote:
itsybitsy wrote:
That's why I have four American shipping addresses and a USA bank account ;)

ATB Mick
How do you get the stuff back to the UK if it's being posted to the USA? :?
gary5wift

Post by gary5wift »

That's what I was going to ask itsybitsy - there are a few bits and pieces I want to order that are export only in the UK. So I need to order and pay for them via the US and then get them posted back to me.

Does anyone have any contacts in the US who could provide this service for a small fee? ;)

Cheers
Gary
icrcc

Post by icrcc »

Well it depends on what you are looking for. Where there is a will there is a way.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://canampreppers.net/forum/index.php
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

When I go NYC, I usually just bring back chocolates...
metatron

Post by metatron »

Attack Warning Red wrote:When I go NYC, I usually just bring back chocolates...
NYC is a fun place to visit, but its not a great place to buy preps as its the most expensive cities in the US plus they have loads of controls in place so you can't go shooting, and finding a good knifes or big name gear is like finding rockinghorse shit (not happening). There are two army surplus stores but both are really just a place to buy jackets and boots not much else. The only place where you might get a few bits there is Kmart.