in a shtf world...

How are you preparing
Plymtom

Re: in a shtf world...

Post by Plymtom »

For a serious answer I bet the on "Preppers Family fortunes" the top answer would be chocolate, then you have to look at nice things which won't grow here, so many fruits Citrus, Bananas etc, would become rare if not non existant, what perhaps is worrying generally is that the S doesn't have to HTF for much of what we regularly eat to become seasonal or a luxury, unless the peak oil thing is addressed fully with effective alternatives, then things are going to change, SHTF? not exactly if we act more of a "farts in it's general direction" if we were to rise to the challenge, but even that is tough times well worth prepping for ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Real butter.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

A lot of sauces and confectionary items can of course last a long time, but ultimately my favourites such as HP would slowly disappear.

The food I'd miss the most would be my favourite food anyway. One word: Pizza.
ctrljay

Post by ctrljay »

The Bacon Buttie! Without this suicide could be an option!!!!! :D
We live in a unsustainable world, there must be a balance, poor people/rich people no more, only prepared people will make it!
TorNicho

Post by TorNicho »

MILK!!! I NEED this!

In the subject of marmite (which I do like), I have a 4 year old jar still (keep forgetting to use it before getting new jar).
I have found that the taste gets stronger with time, at which point, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger...

...you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger...
The Ace of Spades

Post by The Ace of Spades »

TorNicho wrote:MILK!!! I NEED this!

In the subject of marmite (which I do like), I have a 4 year old jar still (keep forgetting to use it before getting new jar).
I have found that the taste gets stronger with time, at which point, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger...

...you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger, you would use less, thus making it last longer, then it gets stronger...
:shock:

Probably need to lay off the Marmite for a bit, Bro. :D

Ace. :)
The future belongs to those who prepare.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Praemonitus Praemunitus
dazz675

Post by dazz675 »

ctrljay wrote:The Bacon Buttie! Without this suicide could be an option!!!!! :D

so true my favourite meal is bacon,egg tomatoes(tin)
JamesMR

Post by JamesMR »

Pizza of any and all descriptions!
(pete)

Post by (pete) »

Great stuff people
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

nothing, i would not miss crowds, i would not miss traffic, i would not miss stupid people, i would not miss dirty(sneezing and gobbing in the street)people, i would not miss noise, i would not miss refuse and litter, and i certainly wont miss take aways and pizza.....yuck! preppers eat pizza?