Anyone used Clas Ohlson?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Re: Anyone used Clas Ohlson?

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:I keep wanting to visit the store in Doncaster but i know i will need to take out a loan after :lol:
I'm sure you don't really need both kidneys :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

Holomon wrote:Thought I'd add to this thread as I've bought a few things from them, all turned out to be good kit.

They have a wind up radio/torch reduced at the moment, it can charge phones by micro USB too;

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/AM-FM-Dyna ... r385273000

Not bad for £6.99!
I wish I'd seen this before. Spent ages looking at solar devices to charge a mobile 'phone and none of them appeared any good. Daughter is just going to take charger and hope she gets a bit of charge time while she's away, but it's unlikely. Just going to keep the 'phone switched off. Maybe next time. Thanks for info.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Feisty: How long will she be gone?
My moron phone is good for a week/ten days on a charge..... And it was cheap

Maybe have an 'Adventuring Phone' ?..... And it'll save the good one from getting dropped down a mountain
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

FEISTY wrote:
Holomon wrote:Thought I'd add to this thread as I've bought a few things from them, all turned out to be good kit.

They have a wind up radio/torch reduced at the moment, it can charge phones by micro USB too;

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/AM-FM-Dyna ... r385273000

Not bad for £6.99!
I wish I'd seen this before. Spent ages looking at solar devices to charge a mobile 'phone and none of them appeared any good. Daughter is just going to take charger and hope she gets a bit of charge time while she's away, but it's unlikely. Just going to keep the 'phone switched off. Maybe next time. Thanks for info.

7ah (7000mah) lead acid battery cheap £3 fag lighter socket couple of blue insulated crimps... and a 12v phone charger..£3 from amazon.........

im still to find a decent wind up charger this is my current if slighty heavy approach to charging off grid I recharge using a smart car / motorbike battery charger ...

you can get lighter more modern units which will recharge phones countless times
eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... k+12000mah
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Maybe have an 'Adventuring Phone' ?..... And it'll save the good one from getting dropped down a mountain
That's a good shout, I have a Samsung B2100 I take away with me. Standby is something like 2 weeks or more, not that I'd know because it gets used a lot.
Main things are it's built like a tank and quad band, so you can use it abroad with a locally bought sim.

Might be a bit expensive though against a wind up charger. My S4 regular phone is like porcelain though, wouldn't consider taking it anywhere uncivilised lol
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
you can get lighter more modern units which will recharge phones countless times
eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... k+12000mah
I have one very similar to this link, fantastic bit of kit gives welcome peace of mind. Mine came charged and had lots of different leads for different gadgets.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
neverready

Post by neverready »

Great place to get Mora knives. They tend to be a few quid cheaper there because they are a Swedish company.
Area 5.

Looking for woodland for gear testing/overnighters ;)
Curious George

Post by Curious George »

I wish I'd seen this before. Spent ages looking at solar devices to charge a mobile 'phone and none of them appeared any good. Daughter is just going to take charger and hope she gets a bit of charge time while she's away, but it's unlikely. Just going to keep the 'phone switched off. Maybe next time. Thanks for info.[/quote]

http://m.clasohlson.com/uk/4000-mAh-Sol ... nk/38-6140

Fiesty, they do a solar power bank thats on offer now, I have one, a good piece of kit