Re: Sainsburys £3 Challenge

Post by Ginger Ranger »

Thanks ladies and gents some great advice and lots to take on board :D
Paranoid=No
Prepared=YES
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

I just did the sainsbury £3 challenge today 29p over . Mind you I did get quite a bit but it was only tinned goods . Next week I will try morrisons and see if I can get more for my money.
Mally

Post by Mally »

Snap up the buy one, get one free offers. Also, think about herbs and spices. Will make a massive difference when using that tinned meat your not too keen on.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

I agree with smudge, buying ingredients rather than just ready meals is a good idea, with ready meals you are eating what is in the tin, with ingredients you can make what ever you want, for example tins of corned beef with packs of pasta 'n' sauce make a tasty nutritious meal and it has a great shelf life, also sacks of potatoes if kept cool and dark have a pretty good life,. Has anyone thought about frozen supplies??? I know in a shtf scenario the power may be off but i think you have to consider all possibilities I don't think you can go wrong with tinned meats, dried pasta sauces and tinned veg as a base for your food preps, again it depends on how many people you are prepping for and for how long.
Up in the wet South Lakeland