A UK friendly specific EDC gadget thread!

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
munchh

Re: A UK friendly specific EDC gadget thread!

Post by munchh »

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 96&alt=web

these aluminium capsule are really nice, i got one last Christmas, very well made.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

http://www.edcgear.co.uk/ProductDetails ... Code=CC015
I really like this idea too, they are this years list to Santa :D
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

munchh wrote:http://www.edcgear.co.uk/ProductDetails ... Code=CC015
I've seen them before and they looked tempting. But, what do they do that the average multi-tool doesn't do?

In fact, I chucked this onto an Amazon order recently, cost £2.50 and I'm a little bit shocked at the quality. It's a lovely solid thing, weighty and strong. In fact, compared to my Victorinox Spartan it seems better! The tools are stiffer but I think they will loosen up in time, but I was looking at buying a new Victorinox, maybe the hunter or the mechanic, but how as I have this I don't think I'll bother.

I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've just had a quick look at them Dman, are they really that good ? To be honest I wouldn't have bothered but I'll take your word for it. I've steered clear of knives that cheap since experiences straightening corkscrews and the like.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

I can't comment on the longevity of it's quality, but I've been EDCing it for a few days with light use and I've not regretted the purchase.

You'd spend more on a Sunday paper. How could you go wrong? I like it because it's disposable. If I lose it, ah well. I'd be gutted if I lost a £20 knife.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

dangerman wrote:I can't comment on the longevity of it's quality, but I've been EDCing it for a few days with light use and I've not regretted the purchase.

You'd spend more on a Sunday paper. How could you go wrong? I like it because it's disposable. If I lose it, ah well. I'd be gutted if I lost a £20 knife.
I'll risk getting a couple to put away, as you say, if they're not getting heavy use they should be fine. I'll retrieve the SAK in the missus's car bag and replace it with one of these. Good find.
munchh

Post by munchh »

dangerman wrote:
I've seen them before and they looked tempting. But, what do they do that the average multi tool doesnt do]
They look like keys.

i like that idea, you might have your multi tool taken off you, but there is very little chance someone is going to look closly at a buch of keys to see if they are all keys, i know its a long shot, but it goes back to my thread about EDC in a hightened security area thing. (There are cheap versions on ebay, nasty metal though)

i have just had Mrs.Munchh buy me a Leatherman Wave in black for Christmas, i thought id grown up enough to have a real multi tool at last, hopefully i will never need another one.
AREA 3
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Deeps wrote:
dangerman wrote:I can't comment on the longevity of it's quality, but I've been EDCing it for a few days with light use and I've not regretted the purchase.

I'll risk getting a couple to put away, as you say, if they're not getting heavy use they should be fine. I'll retrieve the SAK in the missus's car bag and replace it with one of these. Good find.
Actually, for lady folk, or wimpy men folk, a multitool may be needed just to open this thing. It's stiff. Like a teenage boy watching breakfast tv. Have you mrs play with it before she commits to putting it in her bag.
munchh wrote:
dangerman wrote:
I've seen them before and they looked tempting. But, what do they do that the average multi tool doesnt do]
They look like keys.

i like that idea, you might have your multi tool taken off you, but there is very little chance someone is going to look closly at a buch of keys to see if they are all keys, i know its a long shot, but it goes back to my thread about EDC in a hightened security area thing. (There are cheap versions on ebay, nasty metal though)

i have just had Mrs.Munchh buy me a Leatherman Wave in black for Christmas, i thought id grown up enough to have a real multi tool at last, hopefully i will never need another one.
Aye, that's what EDC is all about. Horses for courses. What works for you will probably work for others too!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

dangerman wrote:
Deeps wrote:
dangerman wrote:
Actually, for lady folk, or wimpy men folk, a multitool may be needed just to open this thing. It's stiff. Like a teenage boy watching breakfast tv. Have you mrs play with it before she commits to putting it in her bag.
munchh

Post by munchh »

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 60&alt=web

Sorry can't post a pic as I'm at work on my phone. But I'm getting these for my wife as a bit of a giggle. But you know they might turn out to be a good idea? :D
AREA 3