What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Ferricks

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Ferricks »

OH did the Aldi "run" and got:

2 of the wee battery led lamps
1 whistling kettle (for the stove as we've had no non-electric kettle until now)
1 in car multi charger
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Working on the two is one and one is none principal, my new wood burner arrived today. A Vargo Titanium Hexaginal Woodstove ( the one on the left).

Had to get it. It weighs only 4.1 oz. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

I've ripped up the food storage plan and started again - and it's working much better (I think).

I'm listing and storing a three month supply in "week units" rather than in classifications or "all tins together" (which is my excess and still kept as back up store). Sorted like this the planning is more straightforward I think. I'm planning a "drill week" the first week in June so will be able to assess if the "week unit" of menus and stores that I've calculated is right for our family or if we do indeed run out of toilet roll by day four....

I'm keeping 12 weeks stored in that way and numbering each week unit 1-12. This gives automatic rotation because I can review week 1 knowing that it has the oldest content and remove and use older stuff from that week unit, topping up from the back up store to take back to the week unit level and so renumber as week 12 and the rest all move down a digit.

A big plus is that anybody can "pick up" the system if I'm unable to through sickness etc. and know that the "week unit" is what should be used - no more and no less.

I hope this makes sense!
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

pseudonym wrote:Working on the two is one and one is none principal, my new wood burner arrived today. A Vargo Titanium Hexaginal Woodstove ( the one on the left).

Had to get it. It weighs only 4.1 oz. :mrgreen:
Looks good and also icannot help but say, your lawn is magnificent :) how do you do that!
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

I agree, beautiful lawn. Do you live in a football stadium? :lol:
TwoDo

Post by TwoDo »

Huntsman wrote:Looks good and also icannot help but say, your lawn is magnificent :) how do you do that!
Maybe he had extra topsoil brought in (more than the usual 1 inch or so) so that when SHTF he can plow it up and turn it into a veggie garden. I did that in my last house.
Chef

Post by Chef »

Nah, he's taken the Ti stove round to the local golf course, that's the 18th hole he's just photoshopped out the flag and cup ;)

If my garden was in the background you'd think you were on the Somme, especially after this bloody puppy has just trashed my greenhouse... Aaaaargh!!!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Actually it's taken down low, so you can't see the weeds or bare patches :mrgreen:

Took the Vargo to the woods this weekend worked well:

This will be in my BOB, light, easy to set up and collapse and does the job required
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

I remember going on a holiday, as a delinquant, yet still doing a cultural trip.

Ive seen your garden...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichen_Itza
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

the7ps wrote:I remember going on a holiday, as a delinquant, yet still doing a cultural trip.

Ive seen your garden...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichen_Itza

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish mine was as well built :evil: