Huntsman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Huntsman »

Bought a Usgi poncho which can also be used as a shelter
Squirrel hunter

Post by Squirrel hunter »

Huntsman wrote:Bought a Usgi poncho which can also be used as a shelter
Which company in the UK do Usgi products, I might find one of their poncho's useful if it doubles up as a shelter. We have the usual high street camping shops, Millets and Mountain warehouse, are they likely to be stockists of Usgi kit?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Ferrick, is that right about milk going up ? We use a lot of milk cos I drink tea nonstop all day and I NEED MY TEA :cry:
Rosesandtea

Post by Rosesandtea »

Yesterday I cleaned and filled a load of 2 liter bottles with water. Today the children removed the old bottles from the broken tumble dryer and I will put the new bottles in. The old bottles will be used to water the garden.

Today I will be preparing / canning more rhubarb, and preparing for my daughter's birthday party. I class children's birthday parties as an event to survive! Tonight we will probably water stuff at the allotment and I might just plant a few things.

Also, hopefully tomorrow we will go get a new (to us) chicken coop.
maryb

Post by maryb »

Ferricks, be careful burning too much paper in a woodburner, it will tar your chimney faster than anything else (apart from those newspaper logs which take ages to dry, don't burn well and turn straight into tar). A chimney fire is terrifying but even if it doesn't get that bad, you will spend on chimney sweeping what you save on wood
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

diamond lil wrote:Ferrick, is that right about milk going up ? We use a lot of milk cos I drink tea nonstop all day and I NEED MY TEA :cry:
I'm afraid so - over the next few weeks we should see press reports that an increase in the "farm gate" price for milk has been agreed and so milk and all related products will go up later in the year. I know through work so it's pretty definite. I'm the same on the tea front (add to that a milk obsessed 5 year old) and it will hit me a bit if it's too sore, so I'm prepping to ease the pain on this one!
Rosesandtea

Post by Rosesandtea »

Ferricks wrote:
diamond lil wrote:Ferrick, is that right about milk going up ? We use a lot of milk cos I drink tea nonstop all day and I NEED MY TEA :cry:
I'm afraid so - over the next few weeks we should see press reports that an increase in the "farm gate" price for milk has been agreed and so milk and all related products will go up later in the year. I know through work so it's pretty definite. I'm the same on the tea front (add to that a milk obsessed 5 year old) and it will hit me a bit if it's too sore, so I'm prepping to ease the pain on this one!
Well thank you for the heads - up. Time to press dh for a cow now. :mrgreen: Seriously, an increase in dairy product costs will be difficult. :(
moocher

Post by moocher »

:cry:

we go through 12 pints a day of the white stuff :oops:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I bet the amount of things that milk is in will amaze us. Or the amount of things the food industry tell us milk is in... :twisted: There's only the two of us and we use 4 pints a day :mrgreen:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

That's me back to ASDA then:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/asda-c ... _900g.html

Full fat as well. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.