What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
bulldogeagle

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by bulldogeagle »

we buy UHT milk 49p per litre, we buy 10 litres at a time..dosent start going off until you open it so it dosent need refrigerating...being drinking it for 14 years now.
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

bulldogeagle wrote:we buy UHT milk 49p per litre, we buy 10 litres at a time..dosent start going off until you open it so it dosent need refrigerating...being drinking it for 14 years now.
I'm the same - I do buy fresh for the wee one, but she's fine with uht skimmed as well and doesn't bother. Absurdly my OH needs tells me he can't stand it, but doesn't notice if I fill up a "normal" container with it so he doesn't know...... :roll:

All joking aside - I've got 36l of the stuff tucked away so far and intend to have a darn sight more as the weeks progress to give me a buffer.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Ferricks wrote:
bulldogeagle wrote:we buy UHT milk 49p per litre, we buy 10 litres at a time..dosent start going off until you open it so it dosent need refrigerating...being drinking it for 14 years now.
I'm the same - I do buy fresh for the wee one, but she's fine with uht skimmed as well and doesn't bother. Absurdly my OH needs tells me he can't stand it, but doesn't notice if I fill up a "normal" container with it so he doesn't know...... :roll:

All joking aside - I've got 36l of the stuff tucked away so far and intend to have a darn sight more as the weeks progress to give me a buffer.
yes we keep a stock of 25litres.....there is only the 2 of us so that would last 6 weeks or so if TSHTF and we cant restock, we rotate and restock every 3 weeks, if we were to run out we've got tins of dried milk as well.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

20 Bungees to tie to the parachute I got last week.

Set of Yeti gaiters

2 sets of thermal boot liners

2 sets of Belgian Army OD trousers

2 sets of fingerless gloves to mittens.

Cold weather kit for an upcoming Winter Expedition to Norway, but will then be stashed away in case T"he Day After Tomorrow" comes true :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Spent all weekend in Guildford, been shooting at bisley :)
Also ordered some canned cheese a week ago from a German website I tried some I think it's kinda weird but come shtf things being weird will be the least of my worries
maxilaura

Post by maxilaura »

Huntsman wrote:Spent all weekend in Guildford, been shooting at bisley :)
Also ordered some canned cheese a week ago from a German website I tried some I think it's kinda weird but come shtf things being weird will be the least of my worries
Welcome to my new home town - been in Guildford for 7 years now.

I looked up beginners courses for shooting at Bisley for both myself and my daughter - quite pricey, can't afford the courses unfortunately but would really like my daughter to learn, might have to be next years' birthday present to her (my mom taught me to shoot for my 13th birthday but I haven't done it for so long I would also benefit from a refresher course.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Maxilaura, I help run a gun club (The Missus is Chairman BTW) which shoots at Bisley on the first Sunday of the month. New members are always welcome.

Our next shoot, rifle AM and pistol PM, is on the 10th (the holiday blocks the 3rd) and you, your daughter, or anyone else here for that matter, may come along. Just send a PM.
Chef

Post by Chef »

Garden, garden, garden, either trying to stop the urban terrorist from running through or trampling on my plants/seedlings or planting out the aforementioned.

Oh and now deciding to keep what I thought was a particular problem weed in one portion of the 'rockery' as it turns out to be a rather special herb, who knew that Herb Robert (Geranium Robertianum) could be a cancer cure, albeit pretty much untested scientifically, but widely alleged one? :shock: Definately an herb with a lot of cool medicinal benefits though.

http://www.herbsarespecial.com.au/free- ... obert.html
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

dont laugh!! this morning i bought: 3 rolls of Elastoplast and 5 butterfly tin openers for my stores( just buying a few at a time so not to arouse suspicion...as it was the girl on the checkout asked if i was collecting tin openers, so i just said yes and left it at that!) :lol:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

bulldogeagle wrote:dont laugh!! this morning i bought: 3 rolls of Elastoplast and 5 butterfly tin openers for my stores( just buying a few at a time so not to arouse suspicion...as it was the girl on the checkout asked if i was collecting tin openers, so i just said yes and left it at that!) :lol:
Yep, I get the same look at Wilkinsons when buying more that 2 of anything like that :lol:

Cubs/camping/ baked beans is my default setting - gets a laugh and no more questions :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.