Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Huntsman »

Found some money that I must have stashed away in my sock draw last year :lol:
Finally had the spare funds to get a granford bruks axe :mrgreen:
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

Slimslim;
NBC Suit finally arrived although tbh will be using it more for hunting rather than its intended purpose...
I own a few; two ive kept for the 'just in case' but my third Ive cut the charcoal lining out of, makes it so much lighter and easier to wear.

On another note; went through the stores today and did a little stock check:
97 AA batteries & 62 lighters
Have I got a hoarder problem??? :? :lol:
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Stashed another 15litres of water, have lost count how much we now have so I really should do an audit.
Purchased another 2 point of lay hens, so we are up to 6, although the ex-batts egg production is very low. Either one has stopped completely or they lay alternate days.
Water butts full again after last nights rain - good!
Building a roof for the clay oven so we can use it when the weather is bad.
In the Dark

Post by In the Dark »

Got some Laundry & general bits & bobs
ACME wringer (£15) & a glass washboard (£2) 2 pairs of manual hair clippers (£2) 2x2L glass storage jars £1
God bless car boot sales 8-)
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Started a collection of OS Explorer maps this week. I got hold of most of the London Transport cycle maps recently (really good to see where the quieter routes are), but they don't have elevation levels on them.

Just been out to the 99p shop and picked up some of those emergency foil blankets and lightsticks. I'll stick a blanket and lightstick in my EDC and into my drawer at work.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

just ordered a ex military surplus(Swiss!) waterproof and windproof Poncho.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Just bought a couple of capsule keyrings off eBay to put some emergency cash and phone numbers in, plus a caribiner.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Le Mouse wrote:Just bought a couple of capsule keyrings off eBay to put some emergency cash and phone numbers in, plus a caribiner.
didnt know there were any mountains in London or are you going to hang off Big Ben?? :lol: :lol:
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

bulldogeagle wrote: didnt know there were any mountains in London or are you going to hang off Big Ben?? :lol: :lol:
Only a wee caribiner to use as a key ring for my EDC. :)

As a cyclist, I can attest that some of the hills in North London feel like mountains when you're trying to get up them ;)
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

I have found a good vegan website so am going to look at recipes on there and then use that as a base for increasing my food stocks. I have discovered that I am a bit intolerant of wheat, so storing lots of flour is a bit useless to me. This website has a recipe for chickpea flour 'pancakes' so maybe I should be storing gram flour. I will experiment and see over the next few weeks.

Preppingsu yes, I still have the dogs. They are 13 and 14 now but still going strong. I am still absolutely in love with them :D. Work has finished for the summer so I'm going to get stuck into my preps again, although money is tight (when is it ever not tight??). Looking forward to getting my 'prepping head' on again.