What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
preppingsu

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by preppingsu »

Rosesandtea wrote:Today I am making ginger ale (as long as I have sugar, yeast, clean water, two-liter bottles and flavoring my craving for fizzy drink will always be satisfied even if zombies are at the door). Yesterday I ordered a load of honey from Approved Foods. :
Is that a River Cottage recipe? I watched Hugh make it on one of the programmes and it looked very easy to do.
Last Saturday I did something that has to do with a fear I have (but didn't use to - it kicked in in my 20s and greatly increased when I had children) - I went on the Ferris wheel at the 3 Counties show!! My youngest daughter, about 2/3 of the way through, said, "Mom, can you hold my other hand now?" :lol
Thumbs up to you R&T. We looked at that blowing in the wind and thought no way! :shock:

Today I had an unexpected afternoon off so more garden work while the sun was shining. Make a decision to pull up my poorly growing sweet corn and planted out more tomatoes. I figure that I will have more crop from the tomatoes and can preserve for use in the winter, whereas the sweetcorn will produce only enough for a few meals.
The Pasta Banker

Post by The Pasta Banker »

Just ordered a 250L waterbutt to go in the loft - the neighbours wont know its there ;-)

Havent decided if ill fill it with a feed from the RO filter or just tapwater....hmmm
Optimystic

Post by Optimystic »

pseudonym wrote:Today was a "powdered milk, salt and rice day" at Tescos. I'm used to the looks :lol:
So true.. whenever we restock our tins we get a lot of funny looks.. a whole case of Toms, Beans, Peas etc followed up with an entire case or two or noodles..lol
moocher

Post by moocher »

i just tell them i have 7 kids :lol:
#crabman#

Post by #crabman# »

:D
moocher wrote:i just tell them i have 7 kids :lol:
:D :D
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

The Pasta Banker wrote:Just ordered a 250L waterbutt to go in the loft - the neighbours wont know its there ;-)

Havent decided if ill fill it with a feed from the RO filter or just tapwater....hmmm
Make sure your loft floor will take the weight!

Update on tinned brussels sprouts: NO NO NO NO NO! They are disgusting and are not going to form any part of my preps. One of my dogs likes them - I only gave her two though as I didn't want to suffer her farting all night :lol: . However, Lil, take note - if you are naughty I will send a tin up to you mwah ha ha ha ha ...... :twisted:

I haven't been paid :( . I did a bit of temporary work that finished at the end of May and was expecting to make June's payroll but no. It will be next month now. So my huge food order will have to wait as I also haven't been paid any Housing Benefit or JSA yet either. Luckily I have funds enough for a few more weeks but I can't go off on any spending sprees even if would be just food.

However, I have planted out some tomato plants in the hope of getting a crop - they're the Latah ones Lil grew last year so I am hoping they can cope with the Manchester gloom.

ETA A wee moan - found a great sounding temporary job for over the summer, greeting foreign students at the airport. Clicked through to apply and found - nothing. No contact details on the ad either. It sounded like a fun way of earning a bit of money over the summer but not to be. Oh well. Back to the jobs websites I go .....
Rosesandtea

Post by Rosesandtea »

preppingsu wrote:
Rosesandtea wrote:Today I am making ginger ale (as long as I have sugar, yeast, clean water, two-liter bottles and flavoring my craving for fizzy drink will always be satisfied even if zombies are at the door). Yesterday I ordered a load of honey from Approved Foods. :
Is that a River Cottage recipe? I watched Hugh make it on one of the programmes and it looked very easy to do.

I use the recipe from Dr Fankhouser. Here is the link to his excellent cheese page, you can find the link to the ginger ale there among all the links to other recipes.
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/cheese/cheese.html
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

smileyt wrote:
ETA A wee moan - found a great sounding temporary job for over the summer, greeting foreign students at the airport. Clicked through to apply and found - nothing. No contact details on the ad either. It sounded like a fun way of earning a bit of money over the summer but not to be. Oh well. Back to the jobs websites I go .....
You should thank your lucky stars! It's no fun meeting and greeting a load of Chinese students at 2am when they barely understand what you are saying and several pieces of luggage have not arrived on the same plane as their rightful owners, then having to drive the minibus back to the Uni from an airport two hours away...
Optimystic

Post by Optimystic »

#crabman# wrote::D
moocher wrote:i just tell them i have 7 kids :lol:
:D :D
lol I tell em im preparing for the end of the world!..they look at me like im a nutter..lol
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Rosesandtea wrote: my craving for fizzy drink will always be satisfied even if zombies are at the door).
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/327 ... as-tobacco :lol: