I went ebay happy bought myself
*wire saw
*para cord bracelets
*11 in 1 survival card
*bivvy bag
*Dynamo hand crank charger
*Mini Hand-Held Portable sewing machine
*2 Quick unpicks

Then i bought some glucose tablets for first time to try i bought every brand to test, i love the things ive got lots of energy. Then on a trip to local cash and carry found some energy shot drink 12 pack for a pound. Thats just over 8p a shot they are usually a pound a shot in some places so got 2 boxes. I feel so energetic right now.

Im going back tomorrow for more as they sell out of stuff fast its a one shot deal with this place new stock every week.

So Glucose tablets energy shots and my daily energy drinks im feeling good :D
Optimystic

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Optimystic »

Moony wrote:
Optimystic wrote: We also have started plans to get a wood burner put in downstairs that will heat the whole house.. Wont be going in till OCT but the plan is in place now..
Weve also started clearing out books and stuff that fills our shelves up.. theyve been boxed up and placed in the attic.. if ever we need to burn them or just need entertainment!
Surely book-packed shelves = free insulation ? Dunno if i'm wrong but I try to keep my shelves fairly full, especially on the colder outside walls !
Thats true.. trust me tho.. they wont stay empty for long..lol. Just prioritising the space we have with what we need to store etc..
TwoDo

Post by TwoDo »

Optimystic wrote:Our next big plan is to get a few chickens!! thought is a little scary at mo as never had any kind of interaction with them.. but will get over it.. Fresh Eggs!! got to be a must surely!
Chickens need food. Post SHTF this might be a bit hard to come by. Near my chicken coop I have planted beds of comfrey, sorrel, bucks horn plantain, miners lettuce etc. This will be used to feed or supplement the feed of the chickens. Or feed my family, if necessary.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Building a romantic relationship with a girl who is of a similar mindset as far as skill development is concerned.
Its easier for two to cope together then just one alone.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
hobo

Post by hobo »

nickdutch wrote:Building a romantic relationship with a girl who is of a similar mindset as far as skill development is concerned.
Great prep!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Ah hobo you're a romantic at heart :mrgreen:
theboss2010

Post by theboss2010 »

I've bought myself a few new toys:

The Bahco Laplander Folding Saw,
The Pocket Stove with the Trivet,
UCO Micro Lantern which works on Tealight Candles
Integral Designs Solo Groundsheet which is lightweight and used for when I go Tarping.

Also been buying the basics, coffee, sugar, pasta, rice, milk powder and some tinned items.

Checked all Fisrt Aid Kits and replaced any items out of date.
Frufru

Post by Frufru »

nickdutch wrote:Building a romantic relationship with a girl who is of a similar mindset as far as skill development is concerned.

Love it!!!

I picked up some candles last night - didn't realise I was down to my last few :shock: Definately need a lot more though but funds are tight atm :(

Someone mentioned chickens - I keep chickens and they really are easy to keep. In a shtf scenario, depending on what the S is, you might have to bring them inside if you want to continue getting eggs - not sure I could cope with that so hoping that any shtf scenario means they can stay outside as that suits me better :lol: They can live on kitchen scraps - in the past there was no such thing as layers pellets! Altho is food is scarce you will have to make a choice about whether feeding them scraps is worth it in terms of eggs laid. Free rangers will find a lot of their own food too.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Just been to the animal food stockist and brought bags of pig food, chicken food and wood shavings (huge bags). All cheaper than countrywide and will last a few weeks. Wood shavings mainly for chicken coop but could be used for compost toilet if no mains sewage.
Just need to make water tight my shed (old playhouse of the childrens that has some roof damage) and then I'll have somewhere to store it all. Its currently in the cloakroom - not sure what our visitors think when they use the loo!! :D
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Read the news over a few days. Opened the cupboards. Closed the cupboards. Did a mental checklist of non-food items that I need and don't have. Had a 'woooosh' moment, where you get all prickly and have a bit of a palpitation. Poured a glass of wine. Logged onto Sainsbury's. Did an online shop. Researched calor gas heaters. Found one that I like and that is reasonably priced - will purchase before the winter comes. Felt better.