Bugging Out ?

Homes and Retreats
jansman

Re: Bugging Out ?

Post by jansman »

If there is a gas leak/chemical cloud etc. we will stay at the outlaws round the corner. We had an armed siege a few years ago nextdoor. We were just told to stayinside. If the world goes to hell, then we stay HERE!
Why? Because it is ours. Outright. No way we will be refugees. The gvt. mantra is Go in,tune in, stay in. We are a small island. No where to run.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

i'd be a bit concerned about old mine workings and such, i mean a cave is ok thats where the human race started in caves but mines could be hazardous to ones health, a bunker would be alright, i am going for old cottages, barns and other farm buildings and old council depots, quarries, old telephone and water board buildings, anything old and abandoned.
Chef

Post by Chef »

bulldogeagle wrote:quarries, old telephone and water board buildings, anything old and abandoned.
Haha old abondoned buildings and bunkers etc., are my speciality I'll have to put together a list BDE, you sure you're not a bit of an Urban Explorer on the quiet? :D
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

jansman wrote:If there is a gas leak/chemical cloud etc. we will stay at the outlaws round the corner. We had an armed siege a few years ago nextdoor. We were just told to stayinside. If the world goes to hell, then we stay HERE!
Why? Because it is ours. Outright. No way we will be refugees. The gvt. mantra is Go in,tune in, stay in. We are a small island. No where to run.
so you would do what the govt told you to do?? not me buddy, i wouldn't trust the govt(of whatever party) if they told me day was light and night was dark! they'll round us up and pen us in like a flock of sheep...and they're the wolves! me and mine are bugging out and taking our own chances, at least any decision on our future(or lack of it) will be our personal choice and not taken by some faceless civil servant who couldnt care less whether we live or die.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Chef wrote:
bulldogeagle wrote:quarries, old telephone and water board buildings, anything old and abandoned.
Haha old abondoned buildings and bunkers etc., are my speciality I'll have to put together a list BDE, you sure you're not a bit of an Urban Explorer on the quiet? :D
nope, not an Urban explorer, i'm a RURAL explorer :lol: my hobby is going around the countryside finding old abandoned buildings!
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

bulldogeagle wrote:
jansman wrote:If there is a gas leak/chemical cloud etc. we will stay at the outlaws round the corner. We had an armed siege a few years ago nextdoor. We were just told to stayinside. If the world goes to hell, then we stay HERE!
so you would do what the govt told you to do?? not me buddy, i wouldn't trust the govt(of whatever party) if they told me day was light and night was dark! they'll round us up and pen us in like a flock of sheep...and they're the wolves! me and mine are bugging out and taking our own chances, at least any decision on our future(or lack of it) will be our personal choice and not taken by some faceless civil servant who couldnt care less whether we live or die.
I'm with bulldog on this one, oh and congrats on the over 1000 posts ;)
Chef

Post by Chef »

Sounds like a variant to me BDE, UrbEx and RurEx, same goal LOL alot of what we do is remote stuff though, the old govt in their sneakiness did hide alot of stuff in rural areas, especially ROC posts and bunkers, hide it away from the public. ;)

I wouldn't trust a word they say say either btw, self preservation is all they're interested in why shouldn't we be, I know where half of their bunkers are and they'll be absolutely fine come the day, we won't. Or so they think. ;)
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Chef wrote:Sounds like a variant to me BDE, UrbEx and RurEx, same goal LOL alot of what we do is remote stuff though, the old govt in their sneakiness did hide alot of stuff in rural areas, especially ROC posts and bunkers, hide it away from the public. ;)

I wouldn't trust a word they say say either btw, self preservation is all they're interested in why shouldn't we be, I know where half of their bunkers are and they'll be absolutely fine come the day, we won't. Or so they think. ;)
have checked on ROC posts in this area but most of them are just that...a post in the ground!! :lol:
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Huntsman wrote:
bulldogeagle wrote:
I'm with bulldog on this one, oh and congrats on the over 1000 posts ;)
blimey, just checked...1018 thats a lot of posts, and i havent been banned-yet! :evil: : must have been doing something right or else some people have mellowed :lol:
Chef

Post by Chef »

LMAO