My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

How are you preparing
Devonian

Re: My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

Post by Devonian »

stevecoles wrote:guys, seriously. i came and joined this website because i wanted support, help and maybe a few new friends,

ok i get it, you dont like the idea, its on new forest land on a 'pheasant' pen, (it isnt a bloody pheasant pen) my grandfather was a games keeper i know what they look like.

devonian, well mate you dont agree with anything, half of the things you write are negative.

i just wanted to say cheers guys, this camp is too far out of the way to be hidden, the woods surrounding it is fully over grown, no evidence of forestry commission work has taken place at all, the area is being left to grow up and out because of the growing numbers of deer in the area.

i dont think i will post on uk-preppers again, or maybe i will but from inside a jail cell :lol:

so, good luck for the future, thanks for the support, you who did.

steve.

As LW says, you need to be able to take the Rough with the Smooth.

Ultimately what you are doing is wrong, but if you choose to keep doing it, then that is your decision, just don't expect everyone to support you and pat you on the back.

As a woodland owner, I would not be amused or forgiving of what you have done and eventually your camp will be found - after all you found the spot and now your scent and that of your dog will lead others and their dogs etc to your location, it is just a matter of time.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Backing up the others really Steve, I couldn't say much as I don't know much, but as with many subjects, like self defense, hunting, and even storage when it comes to stuff which burns or explodes, we have to stay within the law in the here and now, plus it's good fair play to have a working moral compass, you know now you're on somebody else's land and that in law you're in the wrong, your courses of action should be towards getting permission or moving your stuff off of the land, perhaps an interim compromise would be to leave your contact details at the location so the situation can be clarified for you.
Had you got permission the camp looks pretty good (although if the fire laws are to be stuck to you could be screwed by that alone) but as Lonewolf said all land in the UK is owned by someone, unlike in the USA where most of the bug out endorsing TV is made.
I'd urge you to not throw your toys out of the pram, but to learn from the experience, we can see you've put work in and proven in a small way that there's a chance that your kit could be left alone for some time (How long has the camp remained untouched for?), obviously we cannot endorse illegal action yet we can sympathize that it was not done with ill intent nor full knowledge that you were doing so.
Whether you go or stay it's an interesting thread and subject.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

I think there is some jealousy here. Funny its always the same people who slam other people. You know who you are! Think this is a good little camp and I dont think anyone will complain about what you have done. Your not damaging anything apart from a few little trees. Fair play to you mate think youve done a good job!
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

going by personal experience of the moderators on this forum, we have to operate within the law as it stands, I don't think we should be encouraging people at this time to engage in acts if not of a criminal intent are a civil matter. post SHTF when everything is WROL is a different thing altogether.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

lonewolf wrote:nope, its what you are doing, occupying land not owned by yourself. you do what you want, its up to you, but we cannot endorse acts of an illegal nature.
What he said!
stevecoles

Post by stevecoles »

lonewolf wrote:nope, its what you are doing, occupying land not owned by yourself. you do what you want, its up to you, but we cannot endorse acts of an illegal nature.

ok, who cares! im not hurting you am i?? if it gets wrecked then oh well, if not then great. i made a den in the woods. haha

you lot minus a few are really boring and at times when people need advice a little nasty, if you dont like what ive posted then dont write anything, ignore it.

steve (from prison cell 454)
stevecoles

Post by stevecoles »

lonewolf wrote:you came on here for advice then complain when you don't like the advice you got.

hi my name is lonewolf im so grumpy blah blah blah, hope to god i don't run into you after shtf, you'd bore me to death haha

that is odd, i don't remember asking for advice, i was just sharing some photos.

steve
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

A Trespasser perhaps? and perhaps a person making a relatively innocent mistake but you are breaking the law.
You know the land is not yours, if you did not know before, you know now that it must belong to someone else, we're just concerned you may loose your kit, or that someone else follows in your footsteps and get caught the legalities must be discussed and understood, and the no fires thing is done for a reason even if they tolerate wild camping, in the correct conditions fire could cause major damage and loss of life, human and wildlife, please check out whether that is the case (No Fires in that forest) and good luck.
ok, who cares! im not hurting you am i?? if it gets wrecked then oh well, if not then great. i made a den in the woods. haha
But if you burn them down as I've indicated, if you ignore the advice well ....what then?
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

sharing photos is nice for us but very bad OPSEC on your part. that forest is owned by the Forestry Commission and fires are definitely not allowed, not sure about "wild camping", you should be able to find a notice on a gate somewhere that tells you if this is allowed. what is not allowed is damaging trees, and your camp is definitely illegal and might even be classed as "littering" or even dumping of waste.
Last edited by lonewolf on Fri May 23, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Steve you are yacht skipper- so if someone climbs on your yacht and sleeps on the deck- not even in side. Is this ok with you? It is trepass, illegal etc just as what you are doing is. This is our point we are trying to make. If you get permission to use the woods then we would all say how lucky you are. IF the shtf then you can do what you like!