Even more minimal BoB!

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
munchh

Re: Even more minimal BoB!

Post by munchh »

I love my responce pac, but I had never thought of it for bugout, this is my edc with the crusader clipped on it im pretty much covered, a few things have changed the basics are the same, although I think im going to move to a backpack with a kit specific for work ( I drive round all night)

I have never yet used the waste belt.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

I use my Snugpak as an EDC while in 'camp' so I have the bare minmum with me at all times and like you I have a folding cup included. Problem is I've just realised I would have no way of boiling water so I've ordered one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121281712539? ... EBIDX%3AIT hoping it will fit well on the Snugpak belt.
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

We should start a 'What's in your Snugpak' thread....
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

That Yugo canteen set is bomb-proof (I think mine is anyway, not tested it as much as I'd like.... But I do know metal) but its on the heavy side for hanging off your belt order (the bottle holds a litre and the kit is 1lb 12.5oz dry)..... Unless you're only rocking Belt-order
I just got one of These, its a mini Stainless steel mess tin with a lid that weighs 6.2 oz and holds 3/4 of a pint (16floz). I'm in two minds about what I'm going to do with it, the fantasy option is an PSK (like a baccy tin on steroids) but the option thats more likely to be used (and carried) is a coat pocket brew kit.

Munchh: I like the bottle purse
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

Briggs 2.0 wrote:We should start a 'What's in your Snugpak' thread....
You start it, I'll add mine to it :)
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Hoipoloi wrote:
Briggs 2.0 wrote:We should start a 'What's in your Snugpak' thread....
You start it, I'll add mine to it :)
My Snugpak is not strictly a BOB, it's packed with stuff I like to have close to hand when outdoors. Firemaking kit, first aid, leatherman, small tools, tape, paracord, the usual stuff we all list as essentials. The end pouches are just the right size for a field dressing and I can just about get a tourniquet and other bits of med kit in the other. The front pouch I use for loose cartridges and my neck knife when I don't want them on show. Mrs B has one with the same sort of kit in it but it would be ungentlemanly of me to pry inside and post the actual contents, although from the outside I can see there is an antenna poking out and a Becker Necker strapped to the side.

All things considered it's not a bad waist pack for sub £20.
Jimski

Post by Jimski »

Mine arrived yesterday, VERY impressed with the quality of it and how much stuff I can get it in! Especially for £12.83 delivered next day bagged and tagged new! Good purchase :)
neverready

Post by neverready »

Nice one :) Glad it's worked out for you!

My Czech army haversack arrived today and I think it will be a much better fit for me.

It takes everything the "snugpak" style bag did and more. I can fit 3 days rations and my 500ml aluminium water bottle and tin can billy! I am pretty sure I am moving away from the tactical look as I get older too :D It has a vague vintage/bushcrafty look about it so it works well with my Laplander and Condor Bushlore....because you know, when the SHTF it will be vitally important to coordinate :D

I'll take some pictures tomorrow :)
Area 5.

Looking for woodland for gear testing/overnighters ;)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I don't keep a 'ready use' grab bag but I have all the things I would put in one around the house/garage. One of the things that I haven't seen mentioned, especially in the smaller bags is a small folding 'shopping' bag. If your BOB or whatever is pretty full already then if you find anything useful the extra capacity will be useful.

They don't exactly take up much space.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Deeps wrote:I don't keep a 'ready use' grab bag but I have all the things I would put in one around the house/garage. One of the things that I haven't seen mentioned, especially in the smaller bags is a small folding 'shopping' bag. If your BOB or whatever is pretty full already then if you find anything useful the extra capacity will be useful.

They don't exactly take up much space.
Great idea, thanks for sharing.