Army Suplus Clothing

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
scoobie

Army Suplus Clothing

Post by scoobie »

Muker, this isn't a site to advertise your commercial business, particularly without clearing it with myself or the mods first.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Muker

Re: Army Suplus Clothing

Post by Muker »

scoobie wrote:Muker, this isn't a site to advertise your commercial business, particularly without clearing it with myself or the mods first.
So are we allowed to talk about other peoples buisneses and deals but not our own??
scoobie

Army Suplus Clothing

Post by scoobie »

Yes, however you are using this forum and it's PM system to sell your goods. Poor show of manners to not speak with one of us first.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Muker

Post by Muker »

scoobie wrote:Yes, however you are using this forum and it's PM system to sell your goods. Poor show of manners to not speak with one of us first.
I do apologise. It was not my intention to offend or upset any of the moderators. I was under the impression that the PM system was for personal messages. I didn't realise we are only aloud to speak about certain things unless the moderators give there say so. I disagree with it being bad manners however. Against your rules maybe but not bad manners. I have a few websites myself and the message and comment sections are for people to express there feelings and say as they feel as long it is within the law. If someone like in this case is asking where they can get hold of cheap army surplus clothing, I feel it would be bad manners and not very friendly not to inform them of the deals I can offer. I do however apologise again and will not mention any sites again. Be it my own or anyone else's
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Muker wrote:

I didn't realise we are only aloud to speak about certain things unless the moderators give there say so.

I disagree with it being bad manners however. Against your rules maybe but not bad manners. I have a few websites myself and the message and comment sections are for people to express there feelings and say as they feel as long it is within the law. If someone like in this case is asking where they can get hold of cheap army surplus clothing, I feel it would be bad manners and not very friendly not to inform them of the deals I can offer. I do however apologise again and will not mention any sites again. Be it my own or anyone else's
You wouldn't mind then If I joined your websites and posted where to buy cheaper kit than you stock at the moment? After all it's not bad manners, just doing a service.

Or how about another company doing the above?

Still feel the same?

Coming on to a free website and touting your business without asking if it's OK to do so is bad manners
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jameswhite

Post by jameswhite »

first of all i have nothing to do with this company apart from being a customer!! http://www.gisurplus.co.uk/shop/ they are based in a massive warehouse at bournemouth airport industrial estate and sell wholesale but you can order off the web or i reccomend go have a look. If anyone remembers the last scene in indiana jones the first one with the warehouse storeing the boxes going on forever thats what it is like. 250,000 pairs of boots plus everything you could wany from cookers, canoes, sleds, ammo boxes, clothes, webbing nets everything. Most is sold in packs of 5 but some is lose. As an example i picked up sleeping bags with built in bivi for 9.99, so much to choose from its amazing! If someone wants stuff but not a pack of five it might be worth saying what you want and maybe me or someone would split a 5 pack? Do check it out.
Muker

Post by Muker »

"You wouldn't mind then If I joined your websites and posted where to buy cheaper kit than you stock at the moment? After all it's not bad manners, just doing a service.

Or how about another company doing the above?

Still feel the same?

Coming on to a free website and touting your business without asking if it's OK to do so is bad manners"

For one thing it's completly different . This site is not a shop. I wouldn't go onto a shop and try and sell things. This site is for preppers who are preparing for whatever eventuality and talking about what equiptment they have or want. For me to suggest that they can have a look at my store in response to there origonal post is not bad manners. I'm not trying to undercut anyone. Loads of people have suggested website, I'm simply suggesting mine. If I could give the items to real preppers for the price I pay for the stuff then I would but I do have a buissnes to run. I did not join this site to advertise my site. I joined it because I'm a prepper. A very serious prepper. I have over 4 acres of land as a BOL and the tools and skills to survive for a long time. Survival for me and my family and friends is my nombers one concern. But I have apologised for "promoting my business" so there's not a lot else I can say
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Everybody be nice to each other while we work on something that may solve the problem. We're looking into a new sectoin for 'Classifieds'. It's not set in stone yet, so it may not come off, and it WILL come with some rules if it does.
Darktide

Post by Darktide »

Can't we all get along and play nice...

A classifieds forum would be great but I think one for businesses to advertise and a separate one for member sales would be good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Reservior

Post by Reservior »

Darktide wrote:Can't we all get along and play nice...

A classifieds forum would be great but I think one for businesses to advertise and a separate one for member sales would be good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
For me, allowing business sellers to advertise on the site, then there should be cost to them in form of either a %age contribution to the upkeep of the forum, or a discount offered to forum members.