Handcuffs in your preps

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Mitchellsfold

Handcuffs in your preps

Post by Mitchellsfold »

I tend to agree re using after a SHTF scenario..... Although society is likely to establish itself once more. I guess regardless of whether you are a good guy or not they may have a non lethal use. Of course anything you have can be turned against you. Preps (longterm) should include skills more often than stockpiles.

Finally the rigid cuffs are designed/intended to cause pain which then leads to compliance as far as I am aware.

Sent from the UK using Tapatalk
Bladerunner

Re: Handcuffs in your preps

Post by Bladerunner »

The key on it's own would be something worth carrying. ;)

Be lucky (and sneeky)
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

I am of the opinion that rope would be more multi use, but I can also see the benefits of having a good rolling pin for multi use too! might get another one or two actually :)
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Cocotte

Post by Cocotte »

I've never owned a rolling pin, I've always used turned a wine bottle on its side.
Blossom Hill style bottles not the wonky necks.
Manclife

Post by Manclife »

Mitchellsfold wrote: Finally the rigid cuffs are designed/intended to cause pain which then leads to compliance as far as I know
Not quite. They're designed to stop the person cuffed from strangling you as, if used properly, its not physically possible. Front stack method is the best.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/gmpolice1/5815237288/
Darktide

Handcuffs in your preps

Post by Darktide »

Cocotte wrote:
BigMacKin wrote:I am slightly reluctant to ask :roll: , but 'Really Handy for what?'
Baw-chica-wa-wa!

But wouldn't it be more space saving and lighter to carry some tough cable ties? They have more uses and are just as effective at restraining a person.
Being tied up with cable ties is very easy to break from, and with minimal effort. Just need to know how and where to apply force.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Own up, you've been reading Fifty Shades of Grey..... :shock: :lol:
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
preppingsu wrote:Own up, you've been reading Fifty Shades of Grey..... :shock: :lol:
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Colt Magnum

Post by Colt Magnum »

I hardly think the world plunging into chaos and panic is the appropriate time for anything like......that. But no never thought about it and don't see a need for it.
Area 11
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

preppingsu wrote:Own up, you've been reading Fifty Shades of Grey..... :shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, it was VERY overrated.