What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
nickdutch

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by nickdutch »

Just keeping a small torch in my pocket (not on a shelf, not hanging no a nail, actually in my pocket) in case the lights go out in this weather. Suggest you do the same
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
mogs

Post by mogs »

Dehydrated some veg, Bought extra torches from the sale, an axe, more mylar bages and am looking for some metal shelving to fit my 8ft x 8ft storage closet, no joys yet!
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

mogs wrote:Dehydrated some veg, Bought extra torches from the sale, an axe, more mylar bages and am looking for some metal shelving to fit my 8ft x 8ft storage closet, no joys yet!
Have you tried Big Dug site for shelving?

http://www.bigdug.co.uk/
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

mogs

Post by mogs »

Will take a look now thankyou
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

mogs wrote:Will take a look now thankyou
I went for the mega deal X2

http://www.bigdug.co.uk/shelving-c2/gar ... als-pp1404

Got free storage boxes with it as well.
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

mogs

Post by mogs »

Ive ordered 2 racks, yey, soo excited to be able to organise my preparations! think i may need more racks in the very near future though! Thanks for your help :D
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've been pootling about on here this morning, and I was just getting down to some serious draught-proofing (of course thats prepping! more efficient use of resources, y'know) and such an odd thing happened, I came back online straight away. There's a draught blowing through an unused electrical socket :!: Its right by the one I use for the tv ... I've put an unused plug into it, but it made me think, I can tell you that! Off to do more draughtproofing.
ukprep

Post by ukprep »

this week i have got my double allotment to start growing my own veg and chickens and rabbits

I have bought more food got a 3 months supply of tinned stuff looking into cheap freeze dried stuff now

Ordered my bio diesel processor

Bought a quad bike

Looked into alternate ways of making more money
st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

this week i am going to try to dry food like fruit in the oven to see if it works. someone on here sent me a link to this so worth a try me thinks. just filled my wood store again to the top and got a large amount of turf in, shall be warm :D gonna try make a stove from couple tins just cuz im bored today. still need a trip to belfast to add more food. car MoT id due to (puke)
SooBee

Post by SooBee »

Checking old fermenting buckets of water stored in outside shed (non-drinking)...ice free so far.
Sorting out larder shelves and moving unused Christmas stuff to front for early use.
Still gradually taking over some of the craft shelves upstairs for prep storage.

Soobee