What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
tshw1973

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by tshw1973 »

I planted a load of seeds for summer.

Post by 24942895 »

This week I bought some more plastic storage crates, that's it this week!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now..
conallb

Post by conallb »

In the pas day or so I have been restocking and beefing my EDC up through looking at past posts from the forum and starting the basics of a waterproof first aid kit :) .
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Have "tidied" up the filing drawer in my desk. The remaining things I want to keep actually only takes up about 1/20th (approximately) of the volume that was taken up by all the rest of the junk.

Great! Now I got more fuel for the kelley kettle which will facilitate in washing and washing up water.

The moral of that story is: If you need fuel to do the washing up, tidy up something....

I don't arf collect so much crap over the years.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
short circuit

Post by short circuit »

this week I have been takeing mushroom prints of white, brown and 4 other exotic mushrooms and getting the spores in hyperdemics store in the fridge for later now I need each ones growing medium sterile and mushroom production can start :D
TwoDo

Post by TwoDo »

short circuit wrote:this week I have been takeing mushroom prints of white, brown and 4 other exotic mushrooms and getting the spores in hyperdemics store in the fridge for later now I need each ones growing medium sterile and mushroom production can start :D
Interesting! why don't you start a thread over in the food and agriculture section providing more details. I save seeds all the time but never thought to save mushroom spores.
short circuit

Post by short circuit »

All I do is get them from asdas some spore pint some dont but here's how you do it clean your hands work area and modeling blade with and antibac wash cut some kitchen tin foil get your mushroom your trying to print use a open mushroom with gills showing that not to dryed fresher the better use a modeling knife to cut the stem of the mushroom and face the mushroom gills down snugley to the foil put a glass over it or slide it all into a plastic seal bag...24 to 48 hours later you have a dark pint of the gills on the foil when lifting the mushroom you then need some hyperdermics from chemist get the medicine ones 5ml about a £1 each... boil water on a rolling boil then turn off pull the boiling water in and out of it a few times and then leave filled. when thay have cooled you get your print on your tin foil and wash the spore into a clean glass but water deffo cool first after washing all the spore of one mushroom into the glass with the water suck it back into the hypodermic you dont need the needles just seal the end with cling film and store in a plasic seal bag in the fridge it is good for some time in that state while you make the growing medium...one mushroom is good for up to a 1000 mushroom spores
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

short circuit wrote: you then need some hyperdermics from chemist get the medicine ones 5ml about a £1 each...
If you want to get into this have a look on the net as well, it is possible to get 100 5ml syringes for about £8, or less than 8 pence each :mrgreen:

http://www.medisave.co.uk/b-d-5ml-plast ... -4268.html

Or on ebay you can get 10 for £1.49

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-New-Sealed ... 0642422958
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

short circuit

Post by short circuit »

TY for the link 12mp82 ;)
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Still not doing all that much that is new. Still waiting for the US agency that has been the mainstay of my income to pay, but there are murmurings that the company might be closing down and with me having no legal recourse to collect my pay. But I still have the UK company that I also work with, but the money isnt as good there. I have a contact that has scouted out a few other agencies that seem good, and I will check them out on Monday, but it is still rather depressing when you really could use the money (about £1000 outstanding now). I have a dental appointment coming up and I am not looking forward to any extra financial demands on that side of thing either.

But, I did decide to clear up my files and have liberated enough paper (read: kelley kettle fuel!!!) to do many washing up loads of hot water, and possibly cooking too!

Its amazing how much "fuel" you can accumulate over the years.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks