What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
mushroom

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by mushroom »

I've spent the day putting up 3 new shelves in the pantry! Now I can see what I've got a little better! After all that hard work I went to get a can of shandy from the fridge which was in a polythene covered six pack. Got out my new Opinel to cut the plastic off and it went straight into a can like it was butter - shandy everywhere! :? Good little knives those Opinels!!! :lol:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Mushroom, You're obviously used to using nasty blunt knife-shaped objects.... Now you've got a real one you'll see how much of a joy it is to use a proper knife

Let the edge do the work :)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

Hi all!

Well, I've been stocking a bit this week - 20 litres of vinegar, 15kg of soda bic., 5 kg dried coconut milk... book on mushroom cookery as well (good for when the price of meat becomes prohibitive) and stuff and stuff.

I managed to increase the water stock by a margin - this is an area I MUST shake myself out of my complacency in. I suffer from the "i live in Scotland....we're awash most of the time" mentality when it comes to water so my follow up after the pantry + woodburner is to buy a berkey and filters.

I've also got some new local seed in and a few of us have organised a local "plant your seeds together and be saddos in the polytunnel day" for Saturday - the commitment makes me actually do it instead of procrastinating about it!

I'm still clearing out on ebay and trying to get us on a more solid financial footing moving forward.

Quite busy really :)
Dee56

Post by Dee56 »

Have been saving up for kelly Kettle for awhile, so this morning have ordered one.

Also yesterday bought 10kgs Rolled Oats, 10kgs Sugar. 2kgs Dried Milk.

Have started to clear the spare room and started selling on ebay.
Money from that will be spent on extra preps.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Ferricks: The book sounds good, care to share title and ISBN please mate

I'll admit I'm a Fungi Fan
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Post by 24942895 »

Just spent a couple of hours re-bagging pasta and stowing beans.. happy happy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now..
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Got fertilizer in for the field 1200kgs all i need now is for the snow to go to get it on the grass, :roll:
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
dazz675

Post by dazz675 »

a nice 13 days off, bought a few extra tins of tomatos and peas , going to buy a pair of trainer type walking boots tomorrow and use empty box for expanding store of salmon, time to pour out water and refil into liter bottles this time and order a couple of camping knifes,, been getting tips from appropriate equipment thread
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Been working really hard today weeding the blackcurrant bush and round about it - horrible smell of cat pee round there, I really need to get down to that area more.
short circuit

Post by short circuit »

Looked out in the garden at the snow... then started cleaning out the old shed to make another growing room otherwise we are not going to get our food stock for this year.