What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
dazz675

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by dazz675 »

bought some glowsticks from wilkinsons and a groundsheet (not bought a tent yet though) need to buy a new stack of batteries , my present stack are a couple of years old every little helps
sg4

Post by sg4 »

well went 99p shopping mad:
3x glow sticks with rubber neck cord
20m meter paracord (not 550lb)
2x sieve, for small wood gas stoves
enamels plates and bowls
carabiner bungee cord for ponchos
ground sheets
fishing rod and reel (Seperate)
chilli and garlic grinder (amazing flavour)
metal water bottle
4x lighter with LED in bottom

Ebay
metal case fire flint with 8mm rod. £3.20
12x carabiner £1.40
70L water proof bag £5.50
Duckie

Post by Duckie »

Got my face masks yesterday, as well as some work gloves, another hand crank torch, more lighters, disinfectant, honey and as is becoming the norm, a few extra tins with my groceries.

I've started to keep all my empty plastic bottles (my spare room currently looks like a recycling centre!) and am looking at prices for large jerry cans for water.

High priority is more meths for my stove and organising my spare room.
st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

Silence_is_Golden wrote:Revised my BOB along the lines of some cold weather kit, as i'm sure if i get too hot i can take stuff off but if it gets too cold i can't put on what i don't have !

After some research and i quote " Sometimes, any sort of layering system simply isn’t warm enough. After all, there is a limit to the number of layers that it is possible to wear before normal movement becomes severely constricted. So in deep cold conditions, or in chilly weather where you are likely to remain static for any length of time, a heavily insulated garment – known as a duvet jacket – is useful. Duvet jackets are normally too warm to be worn whilst active, except in situations such as high-altitude mountaineering. More usually, they are worn during rest breaks. Lighterweight, pullover-style versions are also available. These are perfect for wearing in less extreme conditions, and are a warmer and lighter alternative to a spare mid-layer."

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/data_doc ... eather.htm

After some time on evilbay i opted for a Norwegian army top and a Snugpak softie.
I have the top pic its amazing top wear it everywere also have a british one just as good. I also have a british army fleece coat I recommed on ebay £8.99 ish
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

I like the British Army Softie jackets, also available on Ebay and often at a very sensible price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=b ... litaria_LE
junmist

Post by junmist »

Froze some more water only two more bottles and that is the frozen water preps done
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Had a bit of luck in selling stuff from a clear-out on ebay this week, so decided to put in an order with evaQ8! Upped some of my First Aid Preps - wound and burns dressings. Also a box of FFP3 facemasks - which is something I've been meaning to do for ages. By the time any pandemic were to hit, they would be unobtainable I'm sure! I feel more secure just knowing I have them in the background!

Also invested in a tin of Mountain House! Only my second - I'm hoping I might be able to afford a tin every couple of months or so and build up a little stock of 6 or so over the course of a year. It's a departure for me as generally I store what I eat etc, but I like the thought of being able to put them on the shelf as insurance and forget about them for 25 years if I want to!

Re: Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by 24942895 »

sg4 wrote: 4x lighter with LED in bottom
Was that from 99p store?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now..
sg4

Post by sg4 »

yes pack of four with 3 batteries powering an LED in the bottom. refilable lighter too
st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

In work gettin beat by bad weather, power a lil jumpy to, prob go off. Got my hot flask and blanket on standby and brought gas stove just incase. Dam this 'spring' weather but glad I got a good food bank water and heat.... Roll on home time