My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

How are you preparing
Plymtom

Re: My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

Post by Plymtom »

stevecoles wrote:
lonewolf wrote:people who shouldn't be where they are, strangers/interlopers/trespassers, all are easily spotted in my rural neck of the woods where anyone who dosent belong is spotted easily.
i guess i wont win with you, what ever i say you will one better.

flippin bully.

thanks for putting a downer on my day!

take it easy bro.

steve
You are missing the point if you're thinking you're being bullied or being put on a sadistic downer, when the other landowners/country folk/ get on your case, and in plain language, you may, just may see that everyone else to this point had been trying to help albeit in our own way.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Trojanhorse wrote: IF the shtf then you can do what you like!
And so can the landowner, I hear Banjos, assume the position :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Plymtom wrote:
Trojanhorse wrote: IF the shtf then you can do what you like!
And so can the landowner, I hear Banjos, assume the position :lol:
If I ever get a BOL I will have Banjos playing on a pernament loop :)
iSkynet

Post by iSkynet »

Trespass is not a criminal offence so can not be prosecuted. The only thing land owner can do is to ask you to leave.
War. War never changes.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

To clarify the Trespass situation, there are circumstance where Trespass is a Criminal Offence. I suggest that the following is studied by all on this board. http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/tres ... e_on_land/

Other Criminal Trespass:

Criminal Trespass was introduced in the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 and makes any trespass on Crown land a criminal offence. The law was introduced primarily to stop protesters disrupting military actions or invading places like Buckingham Palace & The Houses of Parliament. However the law applies to any piece of land owned by the Crown (including MoD sites). The penalty for criminal trespass is up to 6 months in prison with up to a £5000 fine.

Full details of the sites covered under the act can be found on the Home Office website.

In addition to the above, Network Rail land is also covered by criminal trespass laws and being caught in the act of trespassing on Network Rail land can lead to a large fine (£1000). If you are deemed to be endangering safety or causing damage then punishment can include a prison sentence.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

iSkynet wrote:Trespass is not a criminal offence so can not be prosecuted. The only thing land owner can do is to ask you to leave.
I knew I'd seen this before somewhere, I think it was HFW touched on it with the poachers, so it's a civil offence yes? And is that truly it, if asked to leave and you refuse, what then? surely the land owner at that point can take further steps, I was told a shooting story about 3 government survey people,found by a farmer whilst showing a shooting party around, my friend was one of the party, the farmer confronted the men on his land and asked what are you doing on my land without permission, I've got these people out here shooting today you could get hurt, the rather officious government types said we aere working for HMG we can go wherever we like, we do not need permission, with that the farmer opened the gate between the two fields and out trotted his prize bull, the farmer said OK tell him that and wandered off ;) my friend's party were wetting themselves at the speed at which the government men retreated over the hedge... up until the point they realized they were now alone with the bull :lol:

Thanks Ham :)

If you know the legalities, know the risks, and still want to play the odds OK it's your arse do carry on :D
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Plymtom wrote:

If you know the legalities, know the risks, and still want to play the odds OK it's your arse do carry on :D
my sentiments exactly. nothing more to be said really. :(
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
iSkynet

Post by iSkynet »

Plymtom wrote: surely the land owner at that point can take further steps
Yeah he can go and call police. But even police can't do more than just kindly ask trespasser to leave.

I know guys went in empty house and had big party. Police car parked on the other side of the road and just asked them to stop the party and leave.
War. War never changes.
iSkynet

Post by iSkynet »

lonewolf wrote:how long ago? squatting in a residential house is now a criminal offence.www.gov.uk/squatting-law/overview
Yeah it was a while age. But still trespass is not illegal. Not like I encourage to do that.
War. War never changes.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

iSkynet wrote:Trespass is not a criminal offence so can not be prosecuted. The only thing land owner can do is to ask you to leave.
Ah, the technicalities of the law. I suggest you check this out more thoroughly because trespass is a crime, not often prosecuted, but it's a crime all the same. From experience, I know that trespass on foot can be construed as negligence. Trespass with criminal damage opens up a whole bigger can of worms, the sort of worms that attracts the law. Repeated trespass with intent to cause damage not only attracts the law, it also gives the CPS all they need to prosecute.

So, as was said before, if you are sure you know the law better than the authorities, by all means try the odds and carry on.

From my standpoint, anyone on my land will be met with an open and approachable greeting with an explanation that this is private property, then politely asked to leave. The outcome then totally depends upon their next decision.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors