Even more minimal BoB!

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
munchh

Re: Even more minimal BoB!

Post by munchh »

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7297

quote="Briggs 2.0"]We should start a 'What's in your Snugpak' thread....[/quote]

Have you noticed I bumped this thread back?
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
neverready

Re: Even more minimal BoB!

Post by neverready »

Just as a quick addendum to this thread I thought I would add where I've ended up.

The response bag was just too small for my needs. It also made me realise that it was also too tactical looking.

So I now have a czech army haversack which I have modified with a nice long, wide strap. An old guitar strap as it happens! It holds pretty much everything I need although I did have to reduce the size of my first aid kit. I also have a wool blanket so all of a sudden it all looks very bushcrafty :D So my Condor Bushlore fits in very nicely :D

If I combine what I have in the haversack with my czech army bedroll, I have ended up with a very traditional set up for sleeping on the ground. Add in some tools and a bit of knowledge to build a shelter an I think I am all set.

So in terms of bugging out in the woods I am pretty pleased with my various options. I have a good hammock and tarp set up for the warmer weather and I have a good system to sleep on the ground with a fire for colder times.

Of course, I am sure it won't be too long before I change my mind again :D :D :D
Area 5.

Looking for woodland for gear testing/overnighters ;)