Is it worth learning to shoot?

Homes and Retreats
firepower

Post by firepower »

Triple_sod wrote:Ah only something I'd herd (on here if memory serves) but that’s for clearing that up,

Maybe 'toy' was a bad use of term but lets face it a quick look over the pond will show up plenty of guns that are far more cool than tool;

Desert Eagle .50AE.....need I say more?
That is why I have a house over there :D
metatron

Re: Is it worth learning to shoot?

Post by metatron »

firepower wrote:
Triple_sod wrote:Ah only something I'd herd (on here if memory serves) but that’s for clearing that up,

Maybe 'toy' was a bad use of term but lets face it a quick look over the pond will show up plenty of guns that are far more cool than tool;

lol, Desert Eagle .50AE would make an okay bear gun when camping, I've shot one its easier then the snub nosed 500 S&W Magnum that is marketed as a bear gun with an orange grip. A gold Desert Eagle would be just as easy to see, lol

Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

metatron wrote: marketed as a bear gun with an orange grip.
that's one way to keep the mrs sweet,

‘Of course I needed one dear, for when we're camping in case we get attacked by a bear’. :lol: :lol:
Moony

Post by Moony »

That looks like a wrist-breaker to me !
I'm in Area 7 !
bigdan

Post by bigdan »

you can take bear with a shotgun with appropriate rounds. not that ive shot a bear , but if he were to come home after a night out on the the town. with some manky old grizzly, smelling of seal blubber and salmon, after all the cubs ive given him ,id say no ! you furry faced twonk, much as i admire your clistening big teeth and your big hands, youve changed ! your not the young cub i remember , were finished . take your collection of walrus teeth and >>>>>off. before i fill you full of lead with this shotgun i just bought off a well preppared prepper !!!!!! :D :D
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

bigdan wrote:you can take bear with a shotgun with appropriate rounds. not that ive shot a bear , but if he were to come home after a night out on the the town. with some manky old grizzly, smelling of seal blubber and salmon, after all the cubs ive given him ,id say no ! you furry faced twonk, much as i admire your clistening big teeth and your big hands, youve changed ! your not the young cub i remember , were finished . take your collection of walrus teeth and >>>>>off. before i fill you full of lead with this shotgun i just bought off a well preppared prepper !!!!!! :D :D
and you'd have right on your side Frank!
firepower

Post by firepower »

metatron wrote:
firepower wrote:

lol, Desert Eagle .50AE would make an okay bear gun when camping, I've shot one its easier then the snub nosed 500 S&W Magnum that is marketed as a bear gun with an orange grip. A gold Desert Eagle would be just as easy to see, lol

I've shot both of them and out of the two give me the S&W any day. I'm not too sure about the shorter barrelled one though. I suppose if you used a high grip it would be ok.

I can see the "bear gun" version getting people eaten by very angry bears. The recoil is very heavy. Anyone buying one needs to get an awful lot of practice before using it against an animal with the munchies.

Sent from my iPhone
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

Help, please...

I have just found a local shop selling CO2 4.5mm pistols. Now, I've never heard of these. They range from €90 - €220 but I can't get any advice from the shop keeper because ( :oops: ) I don't speak the local lingo.
My OH has given me the green light, as what I really want is something that is very powerful & accurate that I can use for paper target practice.

I am extremely proficient with firearms yet have no experience with CO2 or 4.5mm calibre.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

You can get a CO2 version of many guns, very good fun and cheap target practice in terms of ammo, useless in terms of hunting or self defence, but will be taken seriously if waved about in public as a few teenagers have found out in Plymouth in recent times (pounced on and arrested by a police armed response team) they have to treat them as if they could be a real weapon.

The great thing about shooting is that it is a really useful skill, and could be the most fun you'll ever have, whilst blaming the need for it on prepping :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

Plymtom; thank you mate. I am getting the distinct impression they are a pretty pointless venture less the 'scare' factor, which I don't need.