What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
British Red

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by British Red »

Good for her too. In any nasty situation it's massively advantageous to have a team of like minded people together. However clever and well prepared you are, you have to sleep! If you warm a home it takes as much wood to warm it for one as it does for a group...there are logical advantageous to sharing skills and labour.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

So as we would be taking the cats to bug out and depending on shtf situation might not have the car, I bought 2 new cat carriers that look more like sports bags and can be worn cross body

So teenager and I have tried them out with the cats. My 6kg old boy just accepts his fate and is out in and sits there

3kg tiny cat.... Well I will be wearing gloves next time I put her in there.

But point of the exercise was a success and whilst it will be a weight to carry, if we have to bug out by foot we can carry the cats between me and teenager and advantage is from a distance they just looks like black sports bags
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's an excellent idea, jerseyspud - much less noticeable than carting your pets around.

As for my own preps - I'm stuck on the same big projects - bookcase, double glazing, dehydrating veg. This weekend it will be weeding and pruning for the waste to go into the green bin on Tuesday - if I don't, I'll be behind before I start, ifkwim.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

That's what me and teenager thought. We want to be unnoticeable as much as possible especially with 2 smaller children. So if one has a rucksack and the small ones have their kids back packs and two sports bags, we just look like a family going out. It's fairly common to see people with lots of bags as many people don't have cars in this area due to lack of parking.

It all works till a bag meows 😂
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Jerseyspud wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:12 pm So as we would be taking the cats to bug out and depending on shtf situation might not have the car, I bought 2 new cat carriers that look more like sports bags and can be worn cross body

So teenager and I have tried them out with the cats. My 6kg old boy just accepts his fate and is out in and sits there

But point of the exercise was a success and whilst it will be a weight to carry, if we have to bug out by foot we can carry the cats between me and teenager and advantage is from a distance they just looks like black sports bags

Know we can't discuss weapons but never get in the way of a 4 legged fur grenade :lol: know of someone who had 2 blokes try and force into her home she grabbed the cat off the radiator shelf half asleep and launched it.. one intruder left the end of his nose for the police forensics officer to collect for DNA plus lots of blood :lol: they legged it apparently the blokes face was ripped to bits the cat woke up mid flight and hooked it's claws in run up the guy to his face as he tried to remove it, it bit into his nose whilst fighting to stay attached .. they fetched mug shots to identify the offender
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:01 pm
Jerseyspud wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:12 pm So as we would be taking the cats to bug out and depending on shtf situation might not have the car, I bought 2 new cat carriers that look more like sports bags and can be worn cross body

Know we can't discuss weapons but never get in the way of a 4 legged fur grenade :lol: know of someone who had 2 blokes try and force into her home she grabbed the cat off the radiator shelf half asleep and launched it.. one intruder left the end of his nose for the police forensics officer to collect for DNA plus lots of blood :lol: they legged it apparently the blokes face was ripped to bits the cat woke up mid flight and hooked it's claws in run up the guy to his face as he tried to remove it, it bit into his nose whilst fighting to stay attached .. they fetched mug shots to identify the offender
My old boy is passive as unless tiny cat goes for me or the kids start shouting at me. Sadly he doesn't have many teeth left.

Tiny cat has shredded my hand getting her into the carrier so she would be lethal 😂 but she's middle child's therapy cat. There's no way I'd leave them behind. I'm really impressed with the carriers. Yes they will be heavy after a while but we have worked out the walk would take around an hour due to weight and smallest child only being 6 and probably terrified

Starting to move my preps down to my sister tomorrow as she's going to store them at hers. If this all blows over then we will move them back. Just can't rely on definitely having the car

Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Picture of feisty animal
Attachments
IMG_20220224_224800.jpg

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh! Fantastic photo! And *does* look feisty, actually, very alert. Thanks for that 😸
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Andy - Was the cat ok after somebody got her off his face? :mrgreen: I have to know!
That cat looks very like my son's Mittens. aka Hell in Fur.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:01 pm Andy - Was the cat ok after somebody got her off his face? :mrgreen: I have to know!
That cat looks very like my son's Mittens. aka Hell in Fur.
The cat was fine Maine Coons are big hard beggers

With ours if shouting at the window to come in then not wanting to was a sport they'd win. The younger one would keep us few with sparrows :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine