What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote:Bathroom light went wrong again. We had a rewire a couple of years ago,and the sparky fitted a long life square bulb( 'lamp ' he corrected me!) and it has been nothing but trouble. Well, today he fitted an LED panel. Effin Ell ! What a difference!
This week's preps, a trip to the electrical wholesaler to get LED 'lamps' for the whole house.

Watch what you buy stick to branded ones such as osram and Philips there's lots of brand less crap coming from China.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=keaE7QTKTYE

The led flood lamps are great for garden lighting :-)

Gone from 3x 500w and 1x 100w halogens to using 2x30w 1x50w &1x10w 120w from 1600w so quiet a power saving

I've also ghetto converted 2 halogen wall lights with 10w led chip sets and step down transformer .... The important thing for maximum life is heat dissipation I found a couple of old PC CPU heat sinks an . Mounted the led to it using thermal transfer compound and tiny nuts and bolts

If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Thanks for the advice Y.Andy. Just checked, this panel is Osram. I have a garden renovation project on at the moment, and LED lighting is on the cards for that.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Jansman

If your using bulkhead lights £5 at b&q stick an led bulb in
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... mini-bulb/

Area lighting I've used gws a good few times
http://m.ebay.co.uk/seller?itemId=12156 ... sid=gwsled

I had 2 30w floods fail due to bad led chips

Messaged them and they said return it or as I explained I could replace the led myself they sent me 3 new led chipsets out in the post and I soldered them in myself
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

jansman wrote:Bathroom light went wrong again. We had a rewire a couple of years ago,and the sparky fitted a long life square bulb( 'lamp ' he corrected me!) and it has been nothing but trouble. Well, today he fitted an LED panel. Effin Ell ! What a difference!
This week's preps, a trip to the electrical wholesaler to get LED 'lamps' for the whole house.

These are great!! Ice just replaced my living room "lamps" with LED ones and it's amazing the difference in light, I can't stand the "energy efficient" ones as they do flicker and give me migraine and are far too dull, so I have a big stock of old bulbs to use up but ran out of my living room ones.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Jansman

If your using bulkhead lights £5 at b&q stick an led bulb in
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... mini-bulb/

Area lighting I've used gws a good few times
http://m.ebay.co.uk/seller?itemId=12156 ... sid=gwsled

I had 2 30w floods fail due to bad led chips

Messaged them and they said return it or as I explained I could replace the led myself they sent me 3 new led chipsets out in the post and I soldered them in myself
Brilliant advice thanks Yorkshire Andy.

Robert Frost.

Me.
cypher

Post by cypher »

Weather permitting I have a rusty old steel shed to pull down ready to install a green house in it's place, will be a big help on the long term food preps to have the greenhouse
Area 6
jansman

Post by jansman »

After some greenhouse work today I shall carry on with fencing in the top end of the garden. This will give added security, as it is the weakest point. I keep a few rolls of barbed wire in storage so that in the event of an 'event', it can be rolled out on the top of fencing to slow down intrusion. I keep staples with the wire to fix it quickly. For the time being I rely on security lighting up there and good padlocks. As much as I would love to wire it up, I am trying to keep it pleasing to the eye. I may consider some of those strips of spikes as they seem unobtrusive. Anyone use these?
Since the council started turning street lights off to save cash, break ins of garden buildings and garages has shot up round here. Cars too. I can only imagine what it would be like on the event of a social breakdown.

Robert Frost.

Me.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Ordered the "Free Food" DVD package from healanything.com

It appears to be a complete home growing and foraging course in DVD format that covers all parts of the world and shows you how to get and prepare anything.

That will be a good study resource for me and I sometimes feel that its easier to learn something if it gets shown to you.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Thrown out out of date foods that I have been seriously trying to avoid eating as they were SERIOUSLY last resort things, cleared some space and am planning another handful of tins with my next tesco delivery

Got the £6 a month delivery deal from tesco so that I can get more stuff more regularly and not disturb my working routine much.

Near the end of my first month of trying to get fit again. This time taking my supplemental protein on non training days too and that seems to help build the body bit by bit. Hopefully i will soon have a healthy shape to me rather than the weak as a starving kitten string like physique I have been known for.

Exercise routine =

Mon: Chest, Tris, Abs + cardio
Wed: back, Bicep, Calves + cardio
Fri: Legs, abs, shoulders + cardio

exercises from:

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com

Equipment:

1 X pedals only elliptical, 1X set of adjustable dumbbells, 1X weight bench (foldable), 1X resistance band, 1x pull up bar.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
ggc

Post by ggc »

nickdutch wrote: Equipment:

1 X pedals only elliptical, 1X set of adjustable dumbbells, 1X weight bench (foldable), 1X resistance band, 1x pull up bar.
I see you have a pull up bar... I recommend this website if you want to make the most of that:

http://www.50pullups.com/

I don't have a pull up bar unfortunately but I am currently doing their 100 push up programme and have seen results in just a couple of weeks