What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
Ara

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by Ara »

You can freeze chocolate? How come I never knew? It's too late now though since Arsozah says you can also microwave it. I'll just have to continue buying it in small quantities.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

You could always try buying American chocolate.... That stuff is vile
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:36 pm You could always try buying American chocolate.... That stuff is vile
Cadburys then :|

Got a galaxy bar the other day talk about shrinking any thinner they'll be rivaling rizzla
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Ara wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:51 pm You can freeze chocolate? How come I never knew? It's too late now though since Arsozah says you can also microwave it. I'll just have to continue buying it in small quantities.
Sorry :lol: the freezing was only ever a desperation move from me, as was the microwaving :lol:
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Trying to get my fitness back up. Didn't ride my bike much last year due to the roof saga. Did about 14 miles the other day, about 4 mile off road. And about 10 miles on Wednesday. Need to get back into doing other exercises as well, like pullups and pushups etc. I've put my exercise mat back out, and will leave it there to remind me, and enourage me to do exercises. Folding it up was a mistake.

Got this little thing for EGB.
Is tidier, more organised and compact than carrying three or four separate cables, even short ones. It has a USB-C to C cable and adapters for C to A, C to Micro, and C to lightning. Also has a sim remover and slots for sim cards. The case is very compact, a bit smaller than I expected (I didn't read the measurements). Might get another for trips away, longer bike rides etc.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CKSQ2G24
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

I microwaved some butter today. Got a new microwave. My old one had plastic peeling off inside at the bottom, and paint bubbling inside at the top. Very poor as only 2 years old, Panasonic. This one is Samsung, and has a 5 year guarantee on the inside, which is ceramic. It was £100 at Argos. It is £120 now, and I'm pretty sure it was £120 when I first looked at it, so I must have got it at just the right time. Butter came out ok after I think 2 minutes on 100, and 30 sec on 180. This was for 6g. You can do 20 sec on full whack, 800, but it's a bit risky.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I used to buy loads of mars bars when I lived out in the hills. Then froze them so they'd last and I wouldn't eat them all at once.
You can dip them in hot tea and they melt. :twisted: :twisted:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:00 pm I used to buy loads of mars bars when I lived out in the hills. Then froze them so they'd last and I wouldn't eat them all at once.
Be honest lil you got them out battered them and chucked them in the chip pan :D
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Peter

Post by Peter »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:00 pm I used to buy loads of mars bars when I lived out in the hills. Then froze them so they'd last and I wouldn't eat them all at once.
When I used to hillwalk there would always be a couple of Mars in my rucker, only problem in winter with the cold weather, when you bit into it the chocolate would shatter and fly in all directions :o .
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

when I was a kid I used to eat them in stages. First I'd eat the thin chocolate on the outside, and the toffee layer, then the inside. A two course meal! I wasn't fat either.