My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

How are you preparing
iSkynet

Re: My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

Post by iSkynet »

Briggs 2.0 wrote:
iSkynet wrote:Trespass is not a criminal offence so can not be prosecuted. The only thing land owner can do is to ask you to leave.
Ah, the technicalities of the law. I suggest you check this out more thoroughly because trespass is a crime, not often prosecuted, but it's a crime all the same.
You are wrong. You better read on that topic or one day you'll get into big trouble.
War. War never changes.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

trespass is a CIVIL offence, it only becomes a criminal offence if you cause damage, but it is an offence none the less, someone is on anothers property without permission and you will be asked to leave.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
iSkynet

Post by iSkynet »

lonewolf wrote:trespass is a CIVIL offence, it only becomes a criminal offence if you cause damage, but it is an offence none the less, someone is on anothers property without permission and you will be asked to leave.
That's what I said earlier. Land owner or even police can't go farther than just kindly ask.
War. War never changes.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

depends if you'r their by accident or there to cause damage, criminal damage is then a whole new ball game. mind you I know a few old farmers who wont take no for an answer.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

iSkynet wrote:
Briggs 2.0 wrote:
iSkynet wrote:Trespass is not a criminal offence so can not be prosecuted. The only thing land owner can do is to ask you to leave.
Ah, the technicalities of the law. I suggest you check this out more thoroughly because trespass is a crime, not often prosecuted, but it's a crime all the same.
You are wrong. You better read on that topic or one day you'll get into big trouble.
As, I said, if you feel you know the law, take your chance. I think you will soon find out that landowners know how to bring the law into play and will use the law to their advantage. I'm certainly not posting on an open forum how I recently had a trespasser arrested.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
iSkynet

Post by iSkynet »

Briggs 2.0 wrote:I'm certainly not posting on an open forum how I recently had a trespasser arrested.
There are different trespassers. That one was silly one. Don't assume they all are same.
War. War never changes.
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

Come on guys! This has all gotten a bit silly. I, if we must take sides, am with iSkynet. This chap has done nothing I don't seem to be hearing about all the time on this forum, but, as always, I am looking at what's behind this and it appears to be that the people who are doing, let's face it, a wee bit of bullying here, are either private landowners protective of their investment or are, to my mind, just taking the opportunity to "have a go" for a change. To the landowners - you don't want to let out flats to tenants if this gets your knickers in a twist :lol: . Just to clarify: this is NOT a permanent camp. Tents and a few logs do not a permanent camp make. The tents can be taken down and taken away. Trees fall, so no biggie (on this occasion and I'm sure the poor brow-beaten guy won't chop down trees without permission again until the SHTF) and they will rot into the landscape in no time, if someone doesn't come and chop them up for firewood. I'm sure if he's asked to move on, he will, but this "trespass" doesn't fit any of the extreme circumstances in the documents posted (I'm wondering if they were posted to impress or scare) save, perhaps, for causing damage and no-one is going to pay good money to take someone to court over a few youngish trees, since this is, we have all now agreed a civil rather than a criminal situation. Just to conclude, there are people hunting, fishing and building camp fires right, left and centre - even picnickers. I seem to remember not so long ago getting the troll treatment over my disapproval of fly-fishing (in a non SHTF situation) and then another grilling over buying an apparently illegal fishing kit from E-Bay. Guilty M'Laud :), I think, because, in all honesty, I would rather gouge out my eyes with a teaspoon than read the rules and regulations of fishing :lol: . Rather than a roasting, a gentle, "here is a potted version of the rules of fishing" would have sufficed. Perhaps we could go back to the beginning on this and ... guys ... be nice. Steve?, I hope you don't leave.
Haplo2481

Post by Haplo2481 »

I'm confused, some people on this thread are arguing with others about wether it is legal to practise bug out camps on some one elses property! Surely the big give away is that if it isn't yours then you shouldn't be there? You did not buy the land so why should you cut down trees and make yourself at home? If I pitched a tent in your back garden or on your front lawn would you be happy? Yes, the op only posted pictures of his practise camp, but he also admitted that it wasn't his land. Most of this thread seems to be about trespassing rather than prepping. I have noticed a lot of this kind of arguing on the site recently.
Too many bunnies, not enough pandas.
stevecoles

Post by stevecoles »

lonewolf wrote:is this person a prepper? or just a big kid making "dens" in the woods? I haven't as yet heard any remarks about prepping, or SHTF, or BOL, just some photos of a very temporary looking camp in some woodlands built without the owners permission.

oh i haven't mentioned any of those things? thats odd, do you know what BOL stands for? its right in front of you, after 'My Stealth Permanent/'

have a look you'll be amazed, we are all big kids at heart! well most, some are like you.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Like I said before in a different way Steve good luck, you know you're chancing it, but the deed is done and no harm was intended, I/we can't openly encourage anyone to do this sort of stuff, and yet on a personal basis I want to know what happens, I want to know how long you (or anyone)can get away with doing something like this, so don't leave, don't let LW, Me or anyone else make you feel that way, LW is our 1 in 20 and his mind-set and worst case scenarios would have most of us screwed along side 90% of the general population and we need that comparison for balance.
The people like yourself ( you can describe your own pigeon hole) have the best of intentions perhaps ( I'm not going to bang on about the issues the thread has raised any further) but could be a little green as to what's legal or fair play out in the country, yet to be willing to experiment and share the experience with people like myself who cannot get out anything like as much as I would like, with photographs and all, is welcome I mean this really is a good talking point heated or not so stick around please ;) lets remind ourselves.
stevecoles wrote:hi guys,

i was asked to share some pictures of my permanent camp hidden deep within the new forest, this has taken me a while to carry ll of the things you can see in the pictures.

this camp is 10 meters from a small stream and has a 8 ft high fence all the way around forming a square about 50 meters on each side.
i dont know why the fence is here i just stumbled across it, before i 'moved in' it was thick dense woods but i did a bit of chopping and clearing, i used all the things i chopped down.

this camp is a tough 20 min walk from the nearest path.

i visit the camp twice a week and i have camped her lots of times.

you might think this is a bad idea but any questions please ask, im happy to answer!
IMG_5592.jpg
IMG_5597.jpg
this is the main area consisting of a camp fire and a few bricks, i have used bricks to hide the falmes and also so i am able to make a rocket stove inside a tent if its really cold.
IMG_5593.jpg
this is the main tent.
at the moment it is used to store fire wood and other things i don't want to carry around with me all the time.
IMG_5595.jpg
IMG_5594.jpg
this is the tarp shelter i made. its a good area to stand up when its raining, i have also attached some camo netting to hide it a little better
IMG_5596.jpg
my dog is always happy here. he loves it!
IMG_5598.jpg
this is a bit of the fence to give you an idea of size.

once again any one has any questions, then let me know!!

steve.
Clearly you've worked at it and shared it in good spirit, the only thing to play safe I'd say would be to do more to find out who owns/manages the land, and make the fire less obvious ( as if it has never happened and isn't going to would be ideal if fire-starting is truly a no no in the area), make it look like a few survivalist/bushcrafty type's hide away, and perhaps test it out ( with camping cooking equipment) for a few days, sitting quietly and getting an idea of what wildlife maybe even who is around, if with your girlfriend and another tent you could pretend you'd stumbled across the site intending to do a bit of wild camping and thought this is nice we'll spend some time here and leave it as we found it ;)
Like I said the deed is done, I see little point in abandoning the project especially if you can afford to loose the equipment you have left there and put it down to experience.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.