weapons

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Plymtom

Re: weapons

Post by Plymtom »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Having something around (or in your car, or on your person) that you are planning on using as a weapon is an offence

Mentioning it on a public forum will only strengthen the Prosecution's case.

I store my axes in the house because my shed isn't very secure or dry
I've got a couple in the shed and that's actually a fair point a bit of rust buggers up the edge on my chisels too.

Please don't stop talking about shooting/archery/ or sharp objects etc because we have to be sensible in the here and now, it's too easy for an ex-military or survivalist mentality type of person with no hostile intent to appear in a bad light, it's also somewhat disturbing to think that being well equipped for hunting/pest control or target shooting can make you a target for someone else who wants to take and use your tools to strengthen their own position and or threaten others and calls that prepping :shock:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Although Im new here it would seem obvious that having weapons like swords, knives & other items on display in your house & visible to the casual visitor is never a good idea.

I have been broken into twice (once while I was in bed) leaving such items in plain view downstairs where they are easily accessed by burglars is inviting disaster, there will be precious little time to react in a situation like that especially if your asleep in bed, the home invader will certainly be handed an advantage, always a good idea to give yourself the best possible odds.

Securing these items is a good idea especially if you value them, burglars will take just about anything thats portable & to hand & even worse when used against you in your own home.

Prepare a plan to defend yourself in your home where possible, fall back into a position that favours the defender, a stairwell is one such place to consider, keep your defensive preps in your fall back room in an upstairs location where possible.

Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Plymtom wrote: it's also somewhat disturbing to think that being well equipped for hunting/pest control or target shooting can make you a target for someone else who wants to take and use your tools to strengthen their own position and or threaten others :shock:

Plymptom

There are gangs of burglars who do target gun owners, its best not to give away information openly on the internet if your a shooter.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/lo ... ed-6186789

I also know of a guy who was car jacked when returning home from a shooting trip so do be careful out there....

Wf
londonercsecse

Post by londonercsecse »

How did they know who got firearms at home? How did they choose targets? Where did they get the information? How can we avoid this? There is nothing about these in the article...
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

londonercsecse wrote:How did they know who got firearms at home? How did they choose targets? Where did they get the information? How can we avoid this? There is nothing about these in the article...

Anyone with access to the PNC system can get the information.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_National_Computer

Others are suspected of having access.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/19 ... arms_info/

Also many gun clubs have websites that show their location, it would be easy to simply follow its members back home.

Also loose talk on internet forums can give away personal details.

Dont forget 192.com either if you have an unusual name you will be quickly found.

Wf
londonercsecse

Post by londonercsecse »

OMG! How can we have a stupid system as it is? You have to register your firearms, so others can abuse You for obeying the law! Stupid!
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

No doubt about it, there's the trouble with staying legal at times, just like expecting a ban to cure the problem when someone goes off the rails :? I hope any f*&^whet that tries that gets everything they deserve, :twisted:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
teatowls

Post by teatowls »

Laws always have unexpected side effects... and loopholes which can be fun to find when you're a bit bored on the train or something.

The best you can do is follow the gun laws and all weapon laws before SHTF (assuming we'll lose law and order for a short/long time) and just take care in keeping your weapons safe and out of sight so that if someone does find your house to steal weapons from they might give up or be put off by the lack of them when they first break inside.
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

londonercsecse wrote:OMG! How can we have a stupid system as it is? You have to register your firearms, so others can abuse You for obeying the law! Stupid!

Welcome to the great gun control debate.... :lol:

Benjamin Franklin said it best when he wrote the following that fits the UK situation right now rather well.....

"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

These days we see stabbings & murders on the news & see that the police can do little to prevent them happening, they always turn up after the event & draw chalk around the body but by then its too late, they cant even protect their own kind, only yesterday a policewoman was shot on duty.

Before the communist revolution in Russia it was common for gentlemen in the UK to carry pocket revolvers, with fears of a similar thing happening here the UK government began down the road to gun control.

Its not about safety of the public although its sold to you under that guise, its always been about protecting the rule of big government, not everyone gets it & even in the USA they constantly have to fight to keep their 2nd ammendment rights that the government of today would love to take away.

Wf
londonercsecse

Post by londonercsecse »

I agree. 1 last "question" if guns are bad why does our government use them? Why are the politicians protected by them and the public is not? You don't have to answer, just venting....