What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Stasher

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Stasher »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Thanks :-)

For prescription glasses check selectspecs.com £6 +postage
Flippin' Nora!

My last glasses cost the same as a return flight to the otherside of the world. A tenner? :o

Thanks for this Yorkshire Andy
Knowledge is power
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

Just replaced what I only just found out were disposable face masks with very limited use FFP1's with a few packs of FFP3s after a tip off from some mates.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

P3 are what you want as long as they fit your face
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Memphis

Post by Memphis »

Just left the forces, time to make a BOB from all this!
Memphis

Post by Memphis »

Just left the forces, time to make a BOB from all this!
Memphis

Post by Memphis »

Oops posted it twice :s Not sure how to delete it apologies!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

So for the ignorant or lacking in knowledge of forces kit (that would be me :lol: ) what have you got there Memphis?
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Ye gods and little fishes, even a squaddie can't carry *all* of that, can you? :shock:

My preps today have included Amazon purchases related to plumbing, and a thread I needed to start on here :)
Memphis

Post by Memphis »

Well it'd be a pretty big post to list all of it, and there will be a lengthy one in the BOB thread of what i pieced together, but i'll list the purely issued kit here now:
Theres a bergan at the back with side pouches more towards the front, theres a winter and a summer sleeping bag in there, a softie jacket (a sleeping bag in jacket form), a pair of cold weather leather gloves, waterproof socks, 2 pairs of goggles and a norgy top (long sleeved high collared thick fleece)
25l daysack to the side of that with a bunch of rations in and a hexi cooker.
Front left is a mosquito net tent.
The 2 bags to the right of that are hang bags from a viking with a bunch of sweat rags, shemagh (sp?), rope, sniper tape, carabiners, bungies, paracord, mosquito head net.
The black ortlieb is full of waterproof bags, i pretty much waterproof everything.
The ammo liner is knife and sharpening bits storage, theres an issue clasp knife in there which is not great at all!
The daysack on the right is now my complete BOB which ill post up soon, and the boxes have mostly bits n bobs i bought in them but there are quite a few steritabs and glowsticks in there.

If youd like a more detailed description on any of it or a bit of a personal review just ask :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Memphis

Post by Memphis »

If you happen to catch commando school on tv and you see one of their kit musters youll see what you carry in training minus ammunition, but theres a much different arrangement of kit in that picture than a general duties marine would carry.
Last edited by Memphis on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.