Get home bag

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
grenfell

Re: Get home bag

Post by grenfell »

sethorly wrote:I guess you shouldn't have a conversation about bog roll unless you touch on bog roll conservation
A guy I worked with once was telling me about an incident when he was in the army . They were issued with provisions , rations etc and part of that included three sheets of toilet paper. One squaddie asked just what he was supposed to do with just three sheets. The reply was " one up , one down and a polish" :D
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

grenfell wrote:
sethorly wrote:I guess you shouldn't have a conversation about bog roll unless you touch on bog roll conservation
A guy I worked with once was telling me about an incident when he was in the army . They were issued with provisions , rations etc and part of that included three sheets of toilet paper. One squaddie asked just what he was supposed to do with just three sheets. The reply was " one up , one down and a polish" :D
I've heard that one too, the bloke I heard it from was told that by the staff at MCTC Colchester (army prison) when he went there for some military crime or other. (can't remember what now)
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

200 miles from home for three to four days next week. Not relishing the thought, to be honest and trying to prep for a city is really twisting my melon.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Zunzuncito

Post by Zunzuncito »

Well I went on my shopping trip to top up my GHB stuff I keep at my office and you'll be pleased to hear I was very good - I didn't buy anything except some more basic dried food rations. Instead I took my time & looked around and compared different things from my list of what I think I need - I'm now going to take some time to think about it a bit more and then buy the remaining items I need and that will fit in my drawer.

On a side note I went into Mountain Warehouse and they currently have a 50% off everything in store and online so if you guys need stuff might be worth a look
metatron

Post by metatron »

Window break
Multi-Tool
Bivvy bag
Waterproof jacket and trousers
Small Radio
USB power pack
USB cable
First aid kit
Sewing kit
Water
High calorie food, such as sea rations (they are just like really really fattening biscuits)
Cash
rupertwelliams

Post by rupertwelliams »

I am also looking for this kind of bag also. Is there any advice where did you get it as well? Thanks for the reply.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

rupertwelliams wrote:I am also looking for this kind of bag also. Is there any advice where did you get it as well? Thanks for the reply.
Welcome to the forum, I've removed the link at the bottom of your post, we're not here to advertise. Can you pop across to the 'New Preppers Start Here' section and give us a quick intro. I hope you find plenty of useful stuff on here.