Post your EDC!

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
munchh

Re: Post your EDC!

Post by munchh »

I still feel like its no where near right.

The last few days i have also realised that when we go out as a family we put a ruck sack together for whatever that day is about.

So although this is really based on EDC for me, we are 5 from the age of 5 through 8 , 16 and me and the wife, so, my solar monkey for charging phones needs to be in here, some sort of antiseptic cream is needed, snacks (my kids could have a snack in between snacks!), while is cold i leave the house with a flask of boiling water and coffee making kit in case i get stuck in my vehicle, like i did a few years back in that snow!
If we are out as a family there are loads of things missing, but then a BOB is the thing, but the snugpac needs to be all i definately need nomatter how many of us are there, its a tough one.

Throw your ideas at me...... ;)
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
essgee23

Post by essgee23 »

also a family of 5.

the bag usually has fluids, snacks, kids paracetamol, wipes, jumpers, spare clothes dependent on location, i.e. sun hat and stuff. erm sweets and a few ECB toolsare the usual in our outing rucksack.

but i still gotta get the full kits sorted, oh and eggs in one basket - will save up to have eggs in all baskets!
munchh

Post by munchh »

Yep thats it, spare clothes, suncream, the list goes on when its all of us.

I keep forgetting my mobile, its because i was taking the pictures with it!
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Why don't you ask the kids to pick 5 things they could not do with out. ie: question with all these floods if we got flooded and had to get out quick what 5 things would you take and then ask them to go and get them then ask your OH if you got fooded what 5 things would they grab for each of the kids and then go and get them and then you pick 5 things that you would need for each of the kids then give them all a small back pack and put everything in it for them. Bag ready to go for each person parents stuff goes at the bottom because phones and favroit toys will not be staying in the bag but if the children get use to putting the toys in the bags every night and toys can be changed. teenager with phone I would not worry about as they are attached to it anyway. Make a list of what is in each bag so that you do not double up on stuff when you sort out the adults bags :)
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
latebloomer

Post by latebloomer »

oops, i have to confess i didnt know what this was - a quick spin on google turned up Every Day Carrier.
2nd confession, since i was made redundant i dont go too far from home very much. i really dont have a regular bag of stuff that i dont leave home without. I suppose it is something i should have thought about already but i havent.
When i go to the allotment, which is just around the corner, i take a little pump bag with a bottle of water or juice, fags & lighter, sandwich/snack, hat (wooly or sun, depending on the season) keys, then it also has allotment stuff - gloves, secateurs, knife, trowel, string, bin bags, are regulars, and then any particular tool i may intend to use on that visit. i guess i ought to put a first aid kit in there too.
If i am going to shops, my bag has keys, phone, purse, and thats about all.
munchh

Post by munchh »

junmist wrote:Why don't you ask the kids to pick 5 things they could not do with out. ie: question with all these floods if we got flooded and had to get out quick what 5 things would you take and then ask them to go and get them then ask your OH if you got fooded what 5 things would they grab for each of the kids and then go and get them and then you pick 5 things that you would need for each of the kids then give them all a small back pack and put everything in it for them. Bag ready to go for each person parents stuff goes at the bottom because phones and favroit toys will not be staying in the bag but if the children get use to putting the toys in the bags every night and toys can be changed. teenager with phone I would not worry about as they are attached to it anyway. Make a list of what is in each bag so that you do not double up on stuff when you sort out the adults bags :)
My bags dont have anything like that in, the kids all have their own bag with DS, sunglasses, drink, cuddly toy excetera...

We live in a flat roof house with large skylights, my initial thoughts are that we will move most things upstairs and if worst came to worst (flood wise) i have a dingy and i can pitch a large dome tent on the roof?
AREA 3
essgee23

Post by essgee23 »

just tried uploading a pic of my little kit....didnt like the file size :(

any ideas? :roll:
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

essgee23 wrote:just tried uploading a pic of my little kit....didnt like the file size :(

any ideas? :roll:
open up your photo in windows picture manager or such like and resize to email size, save and try and post again.
Rusty337

Post by Rusty337 »

as i work in the city and ride a motorbike , i can only carry a select few essentials in my EDC. mines is the size of a digi camera case and contains the following.

1x 2" tru utility jack knife
1x small maglite torch
1x fire starter and hexi block
1x bandages
6x steri wipes
1xmulti tool
1x spare phone.

this fits into a small space under the seat, i also have 3 others of these made up

one in my work locker
one in the car and one i made for my girlfriend for her hand bag. (although she hates it, i make sure she has it at all times)
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week./

Democratic republic of Area 11
metatron

Post by metatron »

2013 EDC is much more slimed down.

Benchmade Griptilian H2O (need it for work)
Few plasters
Wallet
Keys
Business card holder with cards inside
HTC Android phone
LED Lenser P3 torch
Moleskine daily planner
Pen