Money, money money

How are you preparing
bigdan

Re: Money, money money

Post by bigdan »

ive got £50 stashed too, but im not sure if money will really cut the mustard if the shtf, you cant eat money !!!!!! money may have a use if its a short term breakdown but long term, use the dosh to stock up with barter items and ammo haha :) :) opps have i said that before ? sorry i couldnt help it , :oops:
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

I am of the opinion that there will still be some kind of economy if TSHTF and there will still be major financial institutions who are wiling to cash in gold and silver.

It depends on what you mean by SHTF as ever.

I am 38 now and there is a very real SHTF later in my life and that's if everything gets better! Its called retirement, getting old or getting sick!

So, although I don't know if I am going to do it or not, I am at least researching gold and silver small purchases and see if that can be a low cost savings plan that won't be devalued like our currencies are world wide.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Reservior

Post by Reservior »

nickdutch wrote:
I am 38 now and there is a very real SHTF later in my life and that's if everything gets better! Its called retirement, getting old or getting sick!.
I've mentioned it before but I took some time out from prepping, to prep for my retirement. I didn't save for my retirement in that time, I've never been that lucky! However, I needed to shift my focus temporarily and do a complete review of our financial position. It's very worthwhile and now I feel I'm much more prepped in case nothing happens!
Reservior

Post by Reservior »

Reservior wrote:I'm hoping last months overtime at work is going to be enough to give me an excuse to add to my gold stash, just need to wait for my payslip on Thursday, it will be tight though so may have to wait a month.
I'm waiting another month :cry:
metatron

Post by metatron »

I keep about £60 in notes on me all the time and have about £30 in change in a pot in my bag for parking.
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

Yesterday we didn't have enough money left to do the shopping so I grudgingly went to the plastic wallet I slip the occasional euro note in. € 175! We did a lovely big shop, filled the fridge and freezer and all from the funds I had squirrelled away over the past few months. :D
KalPrep

Post by KalPrep »

I do the same, dropping change in a box, really handy when you get to the end of the month and need some extra funds.
fromredtogreen

Post by fromredtogreen »

Cash?

Gold it where it's at. It's portable, you can't be tempted to spend it in the mean time and everyone will accept it.

You can get small ingots from £25 right up to £30,000.

I keep small coins, Krugerand or less. It's inflation proof as well and way better return than savings in the bank.
Gaz1

Post by Gaz1 »

I have a tin I throw all my £2 coins in and usually dig them out this time of year to go towards crimbo shopping, having counted them last night I have £450+ I'm considering keeping this for prepping now instead.

Gaz
KalPrep

Post by KalPrep »

fromredtogreen wrote:Cash?

Gold it where it's at. It's portable, you can't be tempted to spend it in the mean time and everyone will accept it.

You can get small ingots from £25 right up to £30,000.

I keep small coins, Krugerand or less. It's inflation proof as well and way better return than savings in the bank.
I do that too, once the box gets a bit heavy it gets counted out and generally put into small gold. Always have some spare cash though, Tesco won't take Krugerands ;)