Guns,air rifles and weapons

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
unsure

Re: Guns,air rifles and weapons

Post by unsure »

they all shoot the same imo , the 4.5mm or 177 shoot flatter but have less stopping power than the 5.5mm or 22 .all so worth noting is that a pistol can not be over 6lbs were as a rifle can be up to 12lbs . so for value for money i`d be getting a smk xs/qb 79 . cheap and easy to tune to just under 12lbs

which pistol are you looking at .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
sg4

Post by sg4 »

bb air pistols are toys for plinking in the back garden nothing else. there are air pistols that use .177 pellets which are more what your after but i'd get a rifle. depends on ur budget but stoeger or Air arms are best for value for a spring rifle or go pcp for some silent hunting
Stray

Post by Stray »

jansman wrote:These days, my primary hunting TOOL is a fishing rod. Also my catapults for fur and feather. .
This might be a daft question, but what do you use at projectiles for the catapult? I recently got one (can't hit a cows backside with a banjo, but practice makes etc I hope!) and been using marbles (150 for £1 in Poundland) but not sure how effective they would be hunting?
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

Excellent guys thanks.

My 'paper target practice' does have real consideration when it comes to stopping power & 6lb is pretty poor. Decision swayed, so thank you.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Stray wrote
This might be a daft question, but what do you use at projectiles for the catapult? I recently got one (can't hit a cows backside with a banjo, but practice makes etc I hope!) and been using marbles (150 for £1 in Poundland) but not sure how effective they would be hunting?
The cheapest ammo I have found for catapulting is mint imperials :lol: and they will disolve so environmentally friendly, for hunting you really need the wieght of lead or steel, but dont rule marbles out, or mint imperials for that matter.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
unsure

Post by unsure »

ive said it before , if you can get friendly with your local garage .when they change out a wheel bearing there will be around 16 to 20 good weight ball bearings that would normally end up in the bin . worth asking if they`ll keep them for you .
ive collected around 150 in less than two weeks , just from what was scattered around the bench .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Stray

Post by Stray »

Plymtom wrote:Stray wrote
The cheapest ammo I have found for catapulting is mint imperials :lol: and they will disolve so environmentally friendly, for hunting you really need the wieght of lead or steel, but dont rule marbles out, or mint imperials for that matter.
:D Plus something tasty to cheer myself up after another miss!
Stray

Post by Stray »

unsure wrote:ive said it before , if you can get friendly with your local garage .when they change out a wheel bearing there will be around 16 to 20 good weight ball bearings that would normally end up in the bin . worth asking if they`ll keep them for you .
ive collected around 150 in less than two weeks , just from what was scattered around the bench .
That's brilliant thinking, I would try that I think, cheers!
londonercsecse

Post by londonercsecse »

Any tips on where to buy gun cabinet (2-3 guns, BS7588/92) from? Must be under £100 with delivery. Thx.
unsure

Post by unsure »

oddly enough , a friend of mine sells them , i`ll take you round on the 25th :o
thats were i got mine from .