What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:57 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:47 am Got the lad a new lifejacket for odd weekends we go on the water..... or end up with a flood he'd just about outgrown this one...

Screenshot_20240909-104223.png

He loved floating in the paddling pool in it next up need him a new wetsuit for next year's holidays... Again warm if you end up in the drink....

New jacket £16 delivered 100n CE approved don't get used much but handy to have

Always good to have to correct gear when on or in water
As most of you will know from my posts I swim
Every day ... love being in the water
See it all though
Today a woman who seemed new came in
Swim cap designer goggles thermal swim costume
Must have cost her a fortune
Jumped in 6foot end . Couldn't swim
Drown alarm ...all out of pool ...
Rescue her
Back in ...

All the gear and no idea :roll:
At least your kids will know Andy
You dont just buy it and show it off :lol:

You can't make it up... Which is why from Been little we had him in the jacket and floated him round the pool dropped him in and let the life jacket flip him over to the point he wanted it doing again again and again as the huge open gob grin shows :lol: he can swim just got him going and theyve shut the local pool for several years to refurbish it :evil: least a month's time we are off all inclusive with a pool so he can go swimming again

This new vest has a grab handle on the back which comes in handy got on the pontoon asked him if his new life jacket worked and picked him up by the Handle and belt as if I was going to throw him in the river ... Plonked him back down AGAIN DAD! I do make a rod for my own back sometimes :lol: :lol:

You can't make some people up can you least it wasn't the nutter in the showers returning :o

Least the lifeguards were on it a guy I know used to go audit big chain pools at holiday parks he sacked 3 lifeguards within 3 minutes of laying facedown in the pool not one spotted him or attempted a rescue which err well doesn't do good in that line of work
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Not checked my first aid dates for a while. Couple of things a bit out of date, put them on my shopping list. I keep them on spread sheets, so don't need to examine everything. Saves loads of time. However it is good to double check by examining everthing once in a while, to make sure.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Emptied, moved and refilled two 110 litre water butts. Moved two galvanised bins of anthracite.

Tomorrow I move my wood and possibly my wood store :?
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

pseudonym wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:36 pm Emptied, moved and refilled two 110 litre water butts. Moved two galvanised bins of anthracite.

Tomorrow I move my wood and possibly my wood store :?
You'll sleep tonight then ... Best take some ibuprofen and deep heat up to bed with you :mrgreen: ...

New body warmer arrived bargain on eBay for work still with tags on ... Started to replenish winter bits and bobs .. new jacket ordered for the lad £30 for a down coat.. don't tell the wife apparently he has enough coats. :roll: but he always likes the coats daddy buys as they are actually warm... Got him some Second hand Merrell walking boots with a poor man's goretex type lining he lives in them . No point in buying new the speed they grow out of stuff :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:30 pm
You'll sleep tonight then ... Best take some ibuprofen and deep heat up to bed with you :mrgreen: ...
You're not wrong there. :shock: :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.