Best prepper pressie

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
KrisWard

Re: Best prepper pressie

Post by KrisWard »

metatron wrote:Something like this would be a nice gift.

Brilliant, I love this. Well done everyone for all their gift. I received money this year, so have a couple hundred quid to put towards my preps.
RockingDad

Post by RockingDad »

Well then....
This year I got from the mrs and my boys:

Cast iron 4.5l Dutch oven
Baofeng UV-5R amateur radio (now to get the licence)
Car antenna with mag mount for the UV- 5R
Break out mic for the UV- 5R
Couple of 30mm ammo boxs
New fish filleting knife

And an outdoor rock climbing course (always good to learn new skills).

Pretty damn pleased!
coxxy666

Post by coxxy666 »

Pasty_pete wrote:so jelous i got nothing the family think im mad but i think im slowly tuning them
Great. My family thinks I at mad too. Lol
When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that. You find someone to carry you.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

I got a pretty good telescope,up to 40X magnification and a little desk stand for it
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
steviesun

Post by steviesun »

I got a new woolly hat
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Food-Your-Fores ... est+garden
Martin Crawford is based in Devon, so a similar climate to mine.

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Water-Q ... M4RQL445OZ

The last was off my wish list. I added it after seeing a suggestion from a website about drinking free water from natural springs. I figure that if I don't need to treat water why waste resources doing so.

I still have some more presents to come, but they're waiting for second Christmas which will be after my sister's baby is born (due mid-jan but babies in our family are always early).
Werecat

Post by Werecat »

I know i'm a bit late, but been "home" for the new years after working in the Christmas days, so i haven't been online to post. ;)

The only gift worth categorizing as prepper-ish is this:

Fällkniven F1z
SAM_6780-15%.jpg
SAM_6780-15%.jpg (91.8 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
SAM_6778-15%.jpg
SAM_6778-15%.jpg (98.65 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
SAM_6774-15%.jpg
SAM_6774-15%.jpg (83.67 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
Best gift this year (dont tell my OH i wrote that :D )
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

My best prepping pressie was a pair of Jack Pyke Hunting Boots - so comfy and warm and waterproof - just excellent!!
munchh

Post by munchh »

i have reached kit saturation, so i didnt really need much, so thought id try some of the things ive had in my watch list but couldnt bring myself to buy.
i picked up the carrabiners and belay device at a booty, but needed some rope and a harness, so got my wife to get me 30m and i went for the rigger belt instead as im not going to be doing any serious climing, im just playing really.

The laskey puck just means i just need that in my bag instead of all the other sharpening tools.

The Yugo mess kit because my daughter insisted on buying me something, so as they are now down to £7.50 on ebay and ive not tried one, there it is.

The campfire cookbook, just for fun.

The leatherman wave, it was the only thing i reall wanted, its about time i had a proper multi tool.

And the smallest packdown fishing rod (thats not some pen gimmick and takes a normal reel), its carbon, 6' when made up and the pieces are only 13" when broken down. And now under £13!

Now if i can just convience Mrs munchh that the titanium ecodrive commando watch in the cashconvertors window is definately worth the £150 ive badgerd the manager down to, thats my birthday sewn up :D
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
jansman

Post by jansman »

That 7 piece fishing rod is a good bit of gear. I bought one a few years ago. I bought a small reel to match it with 6 lb mono. Being the lure fishing fanatic that I am, I keep it in a cantilever box with a folding landing net ,traces and lures in the car. I have hgad pike to 11lb and chub to 4 on it.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Nice to know it works, ive been looking at these for a while, i have a float tube it will go in, and it will all go in my bait bag, i found a "poachers" centerpin reel on ebay last night so snapped it up, but i have some small rear drag reels i will try too. Its crazy its shorter when packed down than the flask i take with me 8-)
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.