Cheap AA and AAA batteries

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jennyjj01

Cheap AA and AAA batteries

Post by jennyjj01 »

Just back from Lidl where I cleared the shelf of 'Tronic' pre charged AA and AAA each at just £1.99 for four. Reduced from an already modest £3.99
Capacity is a pretty good 2500 and 1000mAh respectively
IMG_20240912_150557.jpg
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Cheap AA and AAA batteries

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I've had a good few over the years of the tronic brand they ain't too bad especially at that price
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Re: Cheap AA and AAA batteries

Post by Frnc »

Never heard of them. But no Lidl near here. I buy Amazon basics rechargeable AAAs and have various brands of AAs. My AAs get continually used in my trackpad. I have a system that runs clockwise in an imaginary circle, so the spares get used in order of when they were charged, 'oldest' first obviously. The circle starts with my trackpad, then charger, then onto the shelf, in front of ones already there. So when I want to use some, I take them from the other end, continuing the imaginary circle.

I have quite a few NiMH AAAs in things like my BOB, ie in storage, so I charge them yearly, in October. The ones in the motion lights on the stairs, prep room and landing obviously get charged when needed.