How are you cooking your food?

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
combat squirrel

Post by combat squirrel »

As title, I did a search but many disjointed results came up.

Simple Q, how r u going to cook? Stove? Oven? How are you going to power these? Obviously wheat is no use unless something is done with it, any links, info for beginners like me? :)

Thanks
preppingsu

Re: How are you cooking your food?

Post by preppingsu »

Well, we have a 2 ring camping stove with several gas bottles, a BBQ with a good supply of charcoal and a clay oven.
see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3832

In this I can cook not just pizzas, but meat, bread, cakes etc. I'm still practising but everything is edible.

I also have a kelly kettle to heat water.
metatron

Post by metatron »

On a wood stove, and kelly kettle + alcohol gel if needed for the car.
combat squirrel

Post by combat squirrel »

Great stuff thanks guys, noted.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I have a little gaz camping stove, plus a little cast iron barbeque; somewhere on here there's also a plan to make a very efficient little outdoor stove from 16 bricks (or maybe its a youtube link), some alcohol gel just landed in my lap for me to experiment with (**hearts** metatron) and I plan to build a haybox.
LennyJ1

Post by LennyJ1 »

Two gas stoves, mini trangia, BBQ and fire pit.

BBQ would only be used to start with as I don't want to attract to much attention to myself if tshf
Drama_Diva

Post by Drama_Diva »

I have a camping stove and a supply of gas. I'm also going to try my hand at making a cheap and cheerful solar oven out of a couple of boxes, more of a fun project than a practical one at the moment, as living in Scotland at this time of year = not much sun :lol:
junmist

Post by junmist »

Drama_Diva wrote:I have a camping stove and a supply of gas. I'm also going to try my hand at making a cheap and cheerful solar oven out of a couple of boxes, more of a fun project than a practical one at the moment, as living in Scotland at this time of year = not much sun :lol:
No but it would be good to find out if a sola oven would work in winter if only for stews if it works in scotland it will work in the rest of the uk ( well mybe not the shetlands)
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Cannon LPG cooker with spare cylinders stored out back.
Drama_Diva

Post by Drama_Diva »

^^ :D Will report back when it's done ;)