Rats

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Stray

Rats

Post by Stray »

Whilst perusing the wares in a popular DIY supplies store today, my wife suggested that we stock up on a few mouse and rat traps for WTSHTF, and we bug in. I have to say it struck me as a great idea and something I hadn't thought of. I imagine rats and such will run riot when the event happens, so good to have a few traps on hand to sleep a bit easier I think!
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas
Zai

Re: Rats

Post by Zai »

Stray wrote:Whilst perusing the wares in a popular DIY supplies store today, my wife suggested that we stock up on a few mouse and rat traps for WTSHTF, and we bug in. I have to say it struck me as a great idea and something I hadn't thought of. I imagine rats and such will run riot when the event happens, so good to have a few traps on hand to sleep a bit easier I think!

Good idea, I plan on getting a few chikkinz shortly and where you get chikkinz you get rats.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Zai wrote:
Stray wrote:Whilst perusing the wares in a popular DIY supplies store today, my wife suggested that we stock up on a few mouse and rat traps for WTSHTF, and we bug in. I have to say it struck me as a great idea and something I hadn't thought of. I imagine rats and such will run riot when the event happens, so good to have a few traps on hand to sleep a bit easier I think!

Good idea, I plan on getting a few chikkinz shortly and where you get chikkinz you get rats.
CHICKENS, for petes sake!! Not chikkinz.............. :roll:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm pretty sure Zai can spell ... pretty sure its a joke :P

Its ok Su, spelling ability didn't suddenly take a nosedive 8-)
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

Preppingsu - you mean:

for Pete's sake!!

Remember the possessive apostrophe and that names are capitalised.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Attack Warning Red wrote:Preppingsu - you mean:

for Pete's sake!!

Remember the possessive apostrophe and that names are capitalised.
:D oops!
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

Ha ha! :lol:

:D
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Zai

Post by Zai »

preppingsu wrote:
Zai wrote:

CHICKENS, for petes sake!! Not chikkinz.............. :roll:
It's always a minefield correcting someone's spelling, it makes you an instant target for ze grammar Nazis! Of which, of course, I am one. I'm sorry about the CHIKKINZ thing, I took my four year old daughter to her uncle's farm a few weeks ago, and her eyes opened as wide as they could get, and excitedly screamed 'CHIKKINZ!!!'

Henceforth, the avian known as gallus gallus domesticus will be referred to as CHIKKINZ!
sledge

Post by sledge »

I don't want to detract from the chikkenz, but instead of rat traps, get some humane rat trap cages. Rats are afterall a nice tastey free source of food and really easy to prepare :-)
Sledge

If it bleeds - you can kill it - if you can kill it - you can eat it
I love animals - I've eaten loads of them