Vaseline ......

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Magenta16v

Vaseline ......

Post by Magenta16v »

:lol: :lol:
Right , lets try and keep this clean ( yeah right )
I see that a lot of you list Vaseline as being part of your kit.
What uses are we thinking of .they seem to have big tubs in the pound shop near me so am thinking of getting some.
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
Maddosammo

Re: Vaseline ......

Post by Maddosammo »

They have a few uses. I think the main use people use is for fire lighting, soak some Cotton wool in he stuff and hey presto home made fire starter, secondly I carry some for the use of a bit of a sealant on small wounds until you can get it properly washed and dressed and when I mean small wound I mean a little tiny cut such as a paper cut that just keeps bleeding. And also the use which all female use hem for. For your lips when they are chapped.
Sam

Area 9
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Off the top of my head the only thing that hasn't been mentioned is if you have any kind of machinery use it for lubrication.

For example, i use it on my crossbow for the cocking device but i'm sure it could be used to lubricate the rails and string if you've run out.

Just a thought, but what about for railings etc that you dont want people jumping over? Grease it up to make it harder for them? Just a thought.

Took a lot of self control to stray away from the obvious jokes. I'm giving myself a pat on the back.
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
Moony

Post by Moony »

Apply a layer to outside of tins to prevent rust. Positive side-effect: when u pick it up to eat it you keep dropping it and therefore aids in weight-loss :D

Apply to assist correct sealing of jars or large plstic tubs etc.
I'm in Area 7 !
The Ace of Spades

Post by The Ace of Spades »

The uses I know of have already been suggested, so I did a little searching and found this:

http://www.wackyuses.com/vaseline.html

Will also be giving myself a pat on the back for resisting temptation to make certain jokes. :mrgreen:

Ace. :)
The future belongs to those who prepare.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Praemonitus Praemunitus
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Ok heres one I (on doctors advice) put some up my nose at night to stop persistant nose bleeds, the area up there coated stays moist, even blowing it when it drys out pulls the healing surface off, so it does work.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Male and female runners (think marathon) rub it on their nibbles to stop soreness from rubbing on their t-shirts!

I guess it you were walking a long way it could be rubbed in where you might get 'chaffing'.
jansman

Post by jansman »

preppingsu wrote:Male and female runners (think marathon) rub it on their nibbles to stop soreness from rubbing on their t-shirts!

I guess it you were walking a long way it could be rubbed in where you might get 'chaffing'.
This was the advice given to us when we did our "yomps" in the Royal Marines. In fact, if you chafed, where vaseline could prevent it-boy, you got a bollocking!!!! :?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
buttystella

Post by buttystella »

i use it for dry cracked feet, works a treat.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hmmm so would you put vaseline under equipment or medical :?:
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle