cat problem

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
badgersden

cat problem

Post by badgersden »

hi folks wondering if anyone can help just built raised beds for growing vegs,the problem i have every cat in a 10 mile radius(that's what it feels like lol) thinks its a litter tray is there any ideas on putting them off.This is my first attempt of growing vegs so need a bit of help on the way
thanks in advance
Brambles

Re: cat problem

Post by Brambles »

I have the same problem. :x The 2 things I found to work is a blardy great dog, or cover the beds. I've used holly twigs with some success.... they don't like it up 'em you know! :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
northern bloke

Post by northern bloke »

Lion shit, small cats are frightened of big cats
badgersden

Post by badgersden »

northern bloke wrote:Lion shit, small cats are frightened of big cats

could be a option we have a safari park not to far from us worth asking if they sell it, don't fancy trying to get it myself lol
northern bloke

Post by northern bloke »

There is a company called silent roar that flog it in pellet form if you cant get it from the local wildlife park but I would advise against following a lion round with a carrier and a poop a scoop ;)
Moony

Post by Moony »

northern bloke wrote:There is a company called silent roar that flog it in pellet form if you cant get it from the local wildlife park but I would advise against following a lion round with a carrier and a poop a scoop ;)
Reminds me of the mythbusters episode when they tested wolf-pee vs. guard dogs. Surprisingly it worked quite well (for a while).
I'm in Area 7 !
redskies

Post by redskies »

I've found that putting rocks round in between plants and seedlings works very well. And making covers out of chicken wire. The other option is to go buy yourself a supersoaker and lie in wait; cats respond very well to disassociated punishment, and giving them a good soaking makes you feel better too ;)
junmist

Post by junmist »

Cats are territorial so the simple option is to get your own cat not only will it keep other cats away but it will keep the birds from eating your seeds and keep other rodents under control. And as you have found out they don't use there own garden as a litter tray :D
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

You Can’t Make This Up: Artist Transforms His Dead Cat Into Flying Quadrotorhttp://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/06/04/you ... quadrotor/

Perhaps you could buzz them with one of these :D
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Spiderwebb

Post by Spiderwebb »

This works for me -
Max 010.jpg
Max 010.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 1744 times