hello from afar

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Slazanger

hello from afar

Post by Slazanger »

Hi All!

Newbie to the prepper world here, currently find myself in Brisbane Australia although due to an up coming redundancy I will be moving back to the UK most likely Rutland.

Found this site from hpc wierdly..

I'm not prepping anything physically just yet (although mentally for a while I have been without realising it had a name) although when I'm settled I want to move to a much more self sufficient lifestyle.

Not expecting a world ending event, just a continued downturn in the economy and an increase in civil unrest. Looking for a community that can have a civil chat about this stuff without being labelled either negative or a lunatic :-)

Slaz.
pseudonym

Re: hello from afar

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)

Nice part of the world your moving from and too
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

Hello and welcome
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
Patglazz

Post by Patglazz »

Do you have to come back to the UK?
Personally the lesser population density and greater expanse of wilderness would appeal to me much more than the UK.

Welcome to the forum I'm a Newbie myself

Pat

False advice from my Granny - Don't worry it may never happen, if it already has it's too late to give a s**t
Unwise advice from my grandmother - Don't worry, it might never happen and if it already has it's too late to worry.
Wise advice from my grandmother - If the doctor has a hand on each of your shoulders.... it isn't his finger
Slazanger

Post by Slazanger »

pseudonym wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)

Indeed! Its gonna be a shame to leave, but Rutlands nice, or at least it was last time I lived there which now that I think about it was 15 years ago. Eek
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the form
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Slazanger wrote:
pseudonym wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)

Indeed! Its gonna be a shame to leave, but Rutlands nice, or at least it was last time I lived there which now that I think about it was 15 years ago. Eek
you could be in for a shock marra.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Slazanger

Post by Slazanger »

Hamradioop wrote:you could be in for a shock marra.
Yeah, im not sure what its gonna be like, i left the UK 5 years ago and have been via Canada and Australia. At the very least i think the weathers gonna be a shock, its "deep" winter here and its dropping down to 8 on a night and a chilly 22 in the day ;). I know i've adjusted to the heat...