another wiko offer, tripod cook set now £35

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Auntystatic

another wiko offer, tripod cook set now £35

Post by Auntystatic »

The link http://www.wilko.com/camping/traditiona ... vt/0315325 reduced from £70 to £35 normally you would pay around £30 for the tripod alone

You get a Lightweight, aluminium, telescopic tripod, with adjustable height legs. Enables you to position the tripod at multiple heights and on uneven ground. Extends from 73cm to 133.5cm (4ft 5"). Easy to assemble and disassemble. With adjustable chain height for hanging Billy cans.

Lightweight, aluminium, Billy can set. Measures 24cmx17cmx24cm when packed. With brushed steel finish, easy to clean. Abrasion and corrosion resistant. Set includes 1x each 6.5L & 3.5L cooking pots for preparing large meals over an open fire.

Also includes a pack of 4x traditional 360ml enamel mugs and 4x 15cm diameter deep enamel plates.

I've just ordered one, it will go well over my firepit :D
Magenta16v

Re: another wiko offer, tripod cook set now £35

Post by Magenta16v »

Not seen this before. Wonder if it is any good
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
Auntystatic

Post by Auntystatic »

I'll tell you in a few days as mine has now been despatched, best get the veg chopped ready, I'll stick the cast iron dutch oven on it too to test the weight carrying abillity :geek:
Auntystatic

Post by Auntystatic »

OK so this lot arrived at lunch time, pretty quick delivery, I was not at first impressed with the tripod it seemed a bit low and the legs didn't go as wide as I thought they might, but I had not noticed that they were 3 section legs not 2 sections :oops: so it did go higher and wider, the legs appear to be grey anodised aluminium and have an orange spike protector on the bottom of each leg, it comes in its own black nylon carry bag.

The legs are not fully adjustable, they have the same fittings as ridge tents do, that little hole with a spring loaded button that pops through to lock them, always found them to be a pain in the finger end, but they have thought of that and the chain height locking pin is also the leg button pusher in pin, if that makes any sense at all, I got 4 dark blue enamelled normal size mugs and 4 porridge bowls in the same blue enamel. the cook pots are light weight and come in a brushed aluminium, the handles lock up right and the larger one has a level indicator stamped in to it with markings up to 6 litres, and as a litre of water weighs a kilogram, the tripod should be well capable of holding over 6kg. :geek:

During the new year go-outdoors sale I bought the outwell cook set large, it has 2 stainless steel pots and a non stick frying pan for a lid, I will most likely be using these with the tripod, it should work well over my firepit any way. 8-)
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Thanks for the review, look forward to another one when you've cooked with it.

Pics as well please. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Thanks Aunty for that.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.