Cyalume chemlights

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Ghost Prepper

Cyalume chemlights

Post by Ghost Prepper »

i recently bought a large quantity of these chemlights, everything from 30 min orange up to 12 hour red and white. i saw an option for InfaRed and was wondering exactly what it does. thanks, Ghost out
AREA 13 CO-ORDINATOR

Best Prepping Advice : TELL NO BODY :)
ForgeCorvus

Re: Cyalume chemlights

Post by ForgeCorvus »

IR is good for illumination and marking as long as the people doing the looking have night vision gear.
I don't think they throw any light that you can see unaided.... That being the whole point.

Check the dates on your stash as the chemicals don't last forever. Keep them in the dark (sealed in their package is the best option) to help them store longer, try to avoid dropping and other rough handling as it is possible to break the inner vial (activating them before you want to )

Only put white ones in your 1st aid kit as blood won't show up with the coloured ones (found that out on another prep-site, I think the guy who posted it has done the "EMT while being shot at" thing)

Got a link you can share?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Ghost Prepper

Post by Ghost Prepper »

Thanks for the info! I just ordered the cyalumes off ebay if you search 'military chemlights' or 'cyalume chemlights' you will find them.
AREA 13 CO-ORDINATOR

QUAID

Post by QUAID »

I used to use a lot of cyalumes, especially the IR ones. They seem to be the most unreliable of the lot.
More often than not, around 20% of them would not work (DUDS). So make contingencies for this and maybe carry some spares.
If in doubt which to get, go for the standard yellow/green ones... If you need them for NVG use, you can run them down until they have almost expired.... Your NVG's will pick up the light no matter how dim they have gone.
Ghost Prepper

Post by Ghost Prepper »

I have got quite a few torches as back ups as every now and then on practice bug outs they would be duds, cheers for the help
AREA 13 CO-ORDINATOR

Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

There are 14" ones that are available, excellent for self defence as well as illumination.
twilight_shadow

Post by twilight_shadow »

The IR ones are mainly for Mil use where you need an unseen method of signalling to a o/head a/c or other parties friendly parties.
coxxy666

Post by coxxy666 »

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that. You find someone to carry you.