Anyone used Clas Ohlson?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
bettersafethansorry

Anyone used Clas Ohlson?

Post by bettersafethansorry »

found this http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Camping-Mu ... r349276000

looks pretty nifty and there is quite alot of camping/survival gear on this site... like the shower too. handy.

just wondering anyone ordered from them before and if they are ok?

-M
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Plymtom

Re: Anyone used Clas Ohlson?

Post by Plymtom »

It sounds familiar for such a strange name, going to bookmark it though thanks, I'm not sure about multi tools, if I had the money I'd have a Leatherman, My little Coleman thing has gotten me out of a few scrapes I suppose, but it leaves me aware that I get what I pay for. :)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Survivalist85

Post by Survivalist85 »

Yea there is a Clas Ohlson shop here in Newcastle and i could spend hours in there. Very good quality shop and useful for the odd bits that most places wouldnt think of stocking.
Survivalist

Better To Have & Not Need Than To Need & Not Have!
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Ah and there was I thinking it was Scandinavian now it looks more like a local description for "very good"
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

I have used them for Meths cookers, camping cups and bowls.

Never used the online shop though.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Panther

Post by Panther »

There's a Clas Ohlson in Norwich; packed full of useful things. To me it's like entering an Aladdin's Cave.
bettersafethansorry

Post by bettersafethansorry »

Cheers, Gents at least i know its nice and legit and im not gonna end up with eastern replica's that last 2 mins.

-M

(Also i got the reference to "Clas" "very good" the joys of being based a Catterick and spending weekends in Darlington)
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Mustachio

Post by Mustachio »

pseudonym wrote:I have used them for Meths cookers, camping cups and bowls.

Never used the online shop though.
I actually came across this site a couple of days ago and have my sights set on that spirit stove .... are they any good?
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

Thought I'd add to this thread as I've bought a few things from them, all turned out to be good kit.

They have a wind up radio/torch reduced at the moment, it can charge phones by micro USB too;

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/AM-FM-Dyna ... r385273000

Not bad for £6.99!
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I keep wanting to visit the store in Doncaster but i know i will need to take out a loan after :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine