New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Flip

Post by Flip »

Hello
I live in Brighton and Hove and have an interest in connecting with others in my local area plus of course others in the UK. My main area of knowledge is in the growing of food, herbs and other useful plants. I have many years of experience with a focus on permaculture, organic/biodynamic growing and forest gardening. I have also attended an advanced bushcraft course and practice my skills when I find the time. The additional interest is in survival/prepping and I am continuing to build knowledge and practice in these areas.
Arzosah

Re: New member

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! What issues are you prepping for in particular? As to meeting up with people you exchange ideas with on here, keep posting and joining in, and see where it goes - most newcomers nowadays want to meet up immediately (and I did myself, I guarantee you!) but existing members are a bit wary of it, people come and go, have different interests, all sorts of things.

You're off to a great start with the growing, though, good for you.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Flip wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:22 am Hello
I live in Brighton and Hove and have an interest in connecting with others in my local area plus of course others in the UK.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Kudos for the skills you have and are about to share here :)
Some of us preppers are a bit wary of revealing our preparedness to our peers in the real world, especially to the less prepared, lest they come a knockin' when they are hungry and needy. A friend in need is a PITA. :)

You seem to be inclined to bug out to survive. Maybe consider this post...

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=17555

Stay safe
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Hi, you sound very knowledgeable. I'm just getting started in growing veg, and I've been trying to learn about wild edibles, but the more I learn the more I realise how little I know. Of course wild edibles could easily come in useful in a bug-in situation as well as bug-out. I'm a bit handicapped by not being able to read a book for long as well. Still, it passes the time if nothing else.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Frnc, try using that as a search term on youtube - there's definitely stuff that comes up.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:55 pm Frnc, try using that as a search term on youtube - there's definitely stuff that comes up.
Yeah, I've watched a few by WildFoodUK and others. They are pretty good. My memory ain't what it used to be though. I think I'd have to rely on books. I guess if I keep working at it my knowledge will increase. Obviously if I had to bug out solo I wouldn't be able to carry much in the way of books.
WomanOfTheWoods

Post by WomanOfTheWoods »

Hi Flip, I'm another Newbie here and finding the forum is full of good info.

With all your plant growing knowledge and your desire to join forces with others locally, have you thought of starting some community initiative? Perhaps you could share garden space or allotments,, or grow food in gardens belonging to other people if you don't have land!
For inspiration and ideas of what can be achieved, you could google "Grow It Yourself Ireland". What they've achieved is inspirational.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome. Permaculture is an interest of mine. It’s the way forward. Look forward to your input.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Welcome .☺
Fill er up jacko...