How are you preparing
British Red

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by British Red »

I've not seen those before - I like the self contained nature of them
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

British Red wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:27 pm I've not seen those before - I like the self contained nature of them
You can get them up to something like 12kg I wouldn't like to try and put that up on my own it was a struggle holding the 2kg one and getting the nut and bolt started

I've got a 1kg unit similar shape to a standard extinguisher under the bonnet of my car the anaf branded one will take been side mounted had it some years now ...

You can also get a halon equivalent clean agent for more sensitive areas
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:03 pm
British Red wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:56 pm That looks really interesting....
Bit more detail guessed for £26 it's not going to cause the bank manager to come and hunt me down :lol:

https://www.firesafety.uk.com/fire-exti ... WmEALw_wcB
Nice, thanks for the link, will be investing in a couple of them for the shed
ukprepperlife

Post by ukprepperlife »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:54 pm Added to the fire prevention prep today it's all well and good having fire extinguishers but what if your not about when something goes wrong... Like most preppers outbuildings they are chock full of "stuff" from tools to fuel and the risks associated with storage and everyday life from a electrical fault to a moment of carelessness leaving something smouldering then shutting the door ..
That looks great. Fire prevention for sheds and outbuildings is something that a lot of us probably don't think about enough.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ukprepperlife wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:14 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:54 pm Added to the fire prevention prep today it's all well and good having fire extinguishers but what if your not about when something goes wrong... Like most preppers outbuildings they are chock full of "stuff" from tools to fuel and the risks associated with storage and everyday life from a electrical fault to a moment of carelessness leaving something smouldering then shutting the door ..
That looks great. Fire prevention for sheds and outbuildings is something that a lot of us probably don't think about enough.
And it's the place we "should" be storing any flammables away from the house and living areas .. in real terms however this is often where manly :lol: tasks get carried out and the tumble drier gets put ...

I do need to sort out my flammables and organise it better in an ideal world I need a vented metal cabinet of sone form
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

I picked up more coal today. I shall keep picking it up,whilst it is still available. Paraffin is another commodity; I use it for frost protection of pipes outside,and protecting plants on the greenhouse. Next year that protection may well be imperative.I save a lot of seed,but I shall pick up non hybrid seeds very soon, just to be sure.

Long term food storage is another. Rice,whilst available,pasta,and dehydrated spuds too. As mentioned elsewhere here,flour ( and yeast) . Fishing tackle I have for a lifetime :lol: but for hunting,more .22 air gun ammunition. An air gun is superb for putting a dinner on the table. I have shotguns,but the .22 is more stealthy.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:30 pm I picked up more coal today. I shall keep picking it up,whilst it is still available. Paraffin is another commodity; I use it for frost protection of pipes outside,and protecting plants on the greenhouse. Next year that protection may well be imperative.I save a lot of seed,but I shall pick up non hybrid seeds very soon, just to be sure.

Long term food storage is another. Rice,whilst available,pasta,and dehydrated spuds too. As mentioned elsewhere here,flour ( and yeast) . Fishing tackle I have for a lifetime :lol: but for hunting,more .22 air gun ammunition. An air gun is superb for putting a dinner on the table. I have shotguns,but the .22 is more stealthy.
Dehydrated spuds? Any good? Where from?
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:43 pm
jansman wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:30 pm I picked up more coal today. I shall keep picking it up,whilst it is still available. Paraffin is another commodity; I use it for frost protection of pipes outside,and protecting plants on the greenhouse. Next year that protection may well be imperative.I save a lot of seed,but I shall pick up non hybrid seeds very soon, just to be sure.

Dehydrated spuds? Any good? Where from?
Yes , good. Tesco. 90p a box. To be honest,We pick them up wherever we can right now.

Robert Frost.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Do you mean like Smash? Or dehydrated potato slices?

I have the Idahoan mash - it's bloody gorgeous.
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:46 pm Do you mean like Smash? Or dehydrated potato slices?

I have the Idahoan mash - it's bloody gorgeous.
Smash .We like the Idahoan too.

Robert Frost.

Me.