New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Roger92

Post by Roger92 »

Hello new member,

Thought I would get on the internet to expand my skills as lived with my father basically off the grid in a farm house north England for most my life, basic Tv no internet or mains connection so a bit of a renaissance man even though only 30 so any help on how to navigate this forum would be appreciated as had to get my partner to get me on here haha.
jansman

Re: New member

Post by jansman »

Welcome. We all have different technology abilities. Just have a punt around,and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome Roger! Don't worry about getting around the website. If you get yourself in a tangle, just look at the top left corner - it says "Board index", with a picture of a house. That's kind of like a reset button.

Sounds like you've got a real head start in terms of your abilities, from what you say about mostly living offgrid - don't be afraid to pitch in :)
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Roger92 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:46 pm Hello new member,

Thought I would get on the internet to expand my skills as lived with my father basically off the grid in a farm house north England for most my life, basic Tv no internet or mains connection so a bit of a renaissance man even though only 30 so any help on how to navigate this forum would be appreciated as had to get my partner to get me on here haha.
Hi and welcome.

This post might help you navigate... viewtopic.php?p=204636&hilit=logo#p204636
It really gets going at paragraph 7

JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Roger92

Post by Roger92 »

Thanks for help’
I’m glad there’s other like minded people and I can try and help where I can I think everyone can learn off each other main reason I came on this forum. I think thats the right term anyway haha
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Roger92 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:46 pm Hello new member,

Crikey, that's interesting. A real life prepper, as it were. Nice to meet you. Any questions about tech, just ask. Someone will know.