Pakistan. .. NEXT ?

For all things financial
Vitamin c

Pakistan. .. NEXT ?

Post by Vitamin c »

Pakistan is in big trouble it's inflation rate is 24% as it imports most things food , fuel, medical supplies it owes a small fortune to China around 25 billion and it's failed to pay it's debts to China .
China built 12 power stations for Pakistan and has threatened to turn them off if payment stops
China has problems of its own with many Chinese refuseing to pay for homes still not built by china's failed property sector.

Tough times ahead.
Fill er up jacko...
jennyjj01

Re: Pakistan. .. NEXT ?

Post by jennyjj01 »

Vitamin c wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:47 pm Pakistan is in big trouble it's inflation rate is 24% as it imports most things food , fuel, medical supplies it owes a small fortune to China around 25 billion and it's failed to pay it's debts to China .
China built 12 power stations for Pakistan and has threatened to turn them off if payment stops
China has problems of its own with many Chinese refuseing to pay for homes still not built by china's failed property sector.

Tough times ahead.
I expected Pakistan to be on the edge.
jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:36 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:24 pm If the west bailout Sri Lanka who will be next I'm sure their will be plenty more countries in big trouble in the next few months.
India or Pakistan? Each powerful nations, big enough to need a LOT of help, and neither politically aligned to the West.
Pakistan is a manufacturing powerhouse and exporter of clothes and minerals. Now, you can bet that China has taken the industry base as surety on loans. Of course Pakistan competes with China. So China can now own, control, or close down the country as it sees fit. Influence that's been built up over decades, coming to fruition.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well, have a look at this. We don’t have an EMPIRE anymore.

https://consciousnessofsheep.co.uk/2022 ... mon-sense/
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Meh:

“… new car registrations, which are often considered as a leading indicator of the overall UK economy, continue to drop. This also reflects the deep collapse in consumer confidence."

So did they take into consideration the price of fuel into that equation or the fact that people have been told they are entering a recession? People paying for utilities over a new car or even food?

Thought not.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

We don’t have cars though. We make someone else’s

Robert Frost.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

jansman wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:16 pm We don’t have cars though. We make someone else’s
To be fair the ones we did make weren't that good.... :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

pseudonym wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:39 pm
jansman wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:16 pm We don’t have cars though. We make someone else’s
To be fair the ones we did make weren't that good.... :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: They were awful!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

If Pakistan fails how many refugees will head this way with our large Pakistani community all ready living here.
Fill er up jacko...
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:58 pm Well, have a look at this. We don’t have an EMPIRE anymore.

https://consciousnessofsheep.co.uk/2022 ... mon-sense/
pretty good article. I agree with most of it. Not sure about the bit about high energy price in the UK being due to reliance on wind + Russia sanctions. The high price is gas price and almost all of our gas imports are from Norway. If we had more wind and solar power we'd need less gas for electricity generation.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:11 am If Pakistan fails how many refugees will head this way with our large Pakistani community all ready living here.
I remember a ‘docu - drama’ on the BBC waaay back in the 1990’s. Climate change and the following economic crisis caused a ‘caravan’ of people to move North across Africa to Morocco in an attempt to migrate to Europe. It was millions. EU governments were alarmed by this! The ‘leader’ of this Caravan of migrants was asked what they wanted? “ We want to live like you” was the answer. As the world changes, in many ways, refugees will become even more of an issue than now I guess.

Robert Frost.

Me.