What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
GeeGee

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by GeeGee »

Sold the house last week been up 3 weeks :shock:
So ...viewing places as obv nowhere to go as I was expecting..well I've no idea how long I was expecting it to take to sell ...
Hunting round all these places im viewing looking at where I can put my potential prepper stashes ..estate agents pointing out kitchens and large bedrooms etc..me ..where can I smash a hole in wall to put stuff in and then cover it :lol:
In the meantime sealing up all the false cupboards hidey holes and what have you in the current house and not shopping time to eat whats in and use the preps up
It wont be this side of Xmas probably jan so heaved more wood and coal into back garden while getting through the 2 sheds and one summer house..scrap man has loved me
This prepping is kind of scary good.. need a good stress management course I think ..
If I havent lost the plot soon im sure ill find a way to do it all .. but on a smaller scale than im used to .
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

GeeGee wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:51 pm Sold the house last week been up 3 weeks :shock:
Congratulations! I hope you find something as quickly as you need. Sounds like you're downsizing? I did a little bit of that in 2010, and I kept so much more than I needed, it was horrifying :roll: :roll:

Remember you don't necessarily need to smash a wall to hide your preps behind :mrgreen: if the rooms are big enough, you could actually build a false wall :twisted: I've never got a solution I'm happy with since I arrived here, with the result that I never quite know where anything is, its quite confusing. I'd love to smash a wall, or build a false one :lol: enjoy the search!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh, what preps am I doing right now? Working on clearing the patio of the weeds and plants growing between the paving stones. I really want to be able to use the patio - sitting out, or using my little incinerator, or setting up a cold frame. Plus this morning, for the first time, I shooed a fox out of the garden. It actually stood on my rhubarb plant (several crowns :oops: ) and tried to pee on it! I banged on the window hard, which I never normally do, and it belted off.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Congratulations on the house sale GeeGee.
Would any of Daisy's small space ideas help in a new place without needing to knock holes in the walls?
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

GillyBee wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:13 am Congratulations on the house sale GeeGee.
Would any of Daisy's small space ideas help in a new place without needing to knock holes in the walls?
Thank you that's a really interesting link..
Some good ideas there
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Congratulations GeeGee, heres hoping that you find somewhere suitable (with lots of hiding places) very soon.
Growing old disgracefully!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well-done geegee :mrgreen:

Got straw for chickens and 10l of red diesel (back up heating) yesterday ...

Took straw round to the allotment this morning , clea ed the run out and put straw down so they are not paddling in mud. and hoovered the car boot out :lol: finally caught the rat that had set up home in my greenhouse

Since I used my ecoflow power bank to power Henry the hoover I charged it back up and finally located all the charging leads for them was missing 2x kettle leads and a 12v lead.. so all squared away now got some little zip up cases to keep the leads in abd zip tied them to the handle of the relevent power bank...

Just gathering the few extension leads to put with them so in a power cut I'm ready.... All together in the cupboard which now has one of those little push lights inside so I can see what I'm looking for in the dark...

Put my little 50ah lithium caravan leisure battery on its new specific charger so that's also ready for any power cuts just need to adapt a few leads I've made up in the past to suit the M8 threaded terminals that will run the diesel heater if needed happily enough for a couple of days
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yes Andy it’s the time make sure all devices and batteries are fully charged, i find an old sock 🧦 useful to keep small items like charger leads and adapters together, several in use, you can always label them :lol: .
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Peter wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:03 pm Yes Andy it’s the time make sure all devices and batteries are fully charged, i find an old sock 🧦 useful to keep small items like charger leads and adapters together, several in use, you can always label them :lol: .
Got two more 4ah "drill" batteries from Lidl tonight on BOGOF with the app... That's more stored juice (I've got a work lamp and usb / torch adapter for them big bright light with a long run time likewise the usb charger the batteries last ages
Screenshot_20241014-205033.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine